|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||153.196 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
2-Fluoroamphetamine (2-FA) is a stimulant drug from the amphetamine family which has been sold as a designer drug. 2-Fluoroamphetamine differs from 3- and 4-fluoroamphetamine in the position of the fluorine atom on the aromatic ring, making them positional isomers of one another. The replacement of a hydrogen atom with a fluorine atom in certain compounds to facilitate passage through the blood–brain barrier, as is desirable in central nervous system pharmaceutical agents, is a common practice due to the corresponding increase in lipophilicity granted by the substitute.
Anorexiant dose (amount inhibiting food intake by 50% for 2 hours, given 1 hour earlier) = 15 mg/kg (rat; p.o.).
Analgesic dose (50% inhibition of response to tail-clamp) = 20 mg/kg (mouse; i.p.).
Effect on blood pressure: 0.5 mg/kg (rat; i.v.) produces an increase in BP of 29 mm.
LD50 (mouse; i.p.) = 100 mg/kg.
The Federal Analog Act, 21 U.S.C. § 813, is a section of the United States Controlled Substances Act, allowing any chemical "substantially similar" to an illegal drug (in Schedule I or II) to be treated as if it were also in Schedule I or II, but only if it is intended (ref 1) for human consumption. 2-FA may be considered to be an analog of amphetamine, thus falling under the Federal Analog Act.
As of October 2015 2-FA is a controlled substance in China.
- Rösner, P; Quednow, B; Girreser, U; Junge, T (2005). "Isomeric fluoro-methoxy-phenylalkylamines: a new series of controlled-substance analogues (designer drugs)". Forensic Science International. 148 (2–3): 143–56. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2004.05.003. PMID 15639609.
- B.E. Smart (2001). "Fluorine substituent effects (on bioactivity". Journal of Fluorine Chemistry. 109: 3–11. doi:10.1016/s0022-1139(01)00375-x.
- F.M.D. Ismail (2002). "Important ﬂuorinated drugs in experimental and clinical use". Journal of Fluorine Chemistry. 118: 27–33. doi:10.1016/s0022-1139(02)00201-4.
- E. Costa and S. Garattini (1970) Amphetamines and Related Compounds, p.28, New York: Raven Press.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.