2000 1000 km of Nürburgring
This was the second European round of the American Le Mans Series season. It, along with the Silverstone 500, served as a precursor to the creation of the European Le Mans Series. It gauged the willingness of European teams from the FIA Sportscar Championship and FIA GT Championship to participate in a series identical to the American Le Mans Series.
This was the first planned 1000 km event at the Nürburgring since 1988, although the World Sportscar Championship had run shorter events until 1991.
Class winners in bold.
- Pole Position - #77 Audi Sport North America - 1:27.938
- Fastest Lap - #78 Audi Sport North America - 1:30.418
- Distance - 842.860 km
- Average Speed - 146.190 km/h
- "Official Results" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 2000. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2005-10-16.
- "American Le Mans Series 2000". World Sports Racing Prototypes. Archived from the original on 2008-10-05.
|American Le Mans Series|
2000 Silverstone 500 USA Challenge
|2000 season||Next race:
2000 Grand Prix of Sonoma