||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)
The 2000 Football League Division Three play-off Final was contested by Peterborough United and Darlington. This was the last Third Division play-off final to be played at the old Wembley Stadium before moving to Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.
Route to the Final
- Peterborough United: Peterborough United beat Barnet 2-1 at Barnet's Underhill Stadium, and went through 5-1 on aggregate after winning 3-0 at home in the second leg.
- Darlington: Darlington beat Hartlepool United 2-0 in the first leg, and went through 3-0 on aggregate after winning 1-0 at home in the second leg.
The only goal of the game came in the 74th minute when Andy Clarke slotted the rebound in to the bottom right hand corner of the goal after Andy Collett made a good save with Clarke's first attempt.
The result was harsh on Darlington as they dominated most of the game but failed to convert their chances into goals.
- 90 minutes.
- 30 minutes of extra-time if necessary.
- Penalty shootout if scores still level.
- 5 named substitutes.
- Maximum of 3 substitutions.
- ^ Fry high as Clarke lifts Posh