2000 UEFA Super Cup
Match programme cover
|After golden goal extra time|
|Date||25 August 2000|
|Venue||Stade Louis II, Monaco|
|Man of the Match||Okan Buruk (Galatasaray)|
|Referee||Günther Benkö (Austria)|
The 2000 UEFA Super Cup was a football match played on 25 August 2000 between Real Madrid of Spain and Galatasaray of Turkey. Real Madrid qualified by beating Valencia in the 2000 UEFA Champions League Final, while Galatasaray had made it to the Super Cup after beating Arsenal in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final. Galatasaray won the match 2–1, both goals scored by Mário Jardel, the latter a golden goal.
This was the first Super Cup contested by the winners of the UEFA Cup (now the UEFA Europa League). Until 1999, it was contested by the winners of the UEFA Champions League and the winners of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, but the Cup Winners' Cup was discontinued after the 1998–99 season.
|Team||Qualification||Previous participation (bold indicates winners)|
|Real Madrid||1999–2000 UEFA Champions League winners||1998|
|Galatasaray||1999–2000 UEFA Cup winners||None|
|Real Madrid||1–2 (a.e.t.)||Galatasaray|
|Raúl 79' (pen.)||Report||Jardel 41' (pen.), 103'|
- 1999–2000 UEFA Champions League
- 1999–2000 UEFA Cup
- Galatasaray S.K. in European football
- Real Madrid CF in international football competitions
- "Match Press Kit (2009)" (PDF). Union of European Football Associations. p. 18. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Galatasaray, Süper Kupa finalinde". NTV (in Turkish). 25 August 2000. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "Süper Kupa, Galatasaray'ın". NTV (in Turkish). 21 September 2000. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- 2000 UEFA Super Cup at UEFA.com