2000 WTA Tour Championships
|2000 WTA Tour Championships|
|Date||November 13 - 19|
|Edition||30th / 25th|
|Surface||Carpet / indoor|
|Location||New York City, United States|
|Venue||Madison Square Garden|
|Martina Hingis / Anna Kournikova|
The 2000 WTA Tour Championships, also known by its sponsored name The Chase Championships was a women's tennis tournament played on indoor carpet courts at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York in the United States. It was the 30th edition of the year-end singles championships, the 25th edition of the year-end doubles championships, and was part of the 2000 WTA Tour. The tournament was held from November 13 through November 19, 2000. First-seeded Martina Hingis won the singles event and the accompanying $500,000 first prize money as well as 390 ranking points. It was the last edition of the WTA Tour Championships to be held in New York.
- It was Hingis' 9th title of the year and the 35th of her career.
- John Barrett, ed. (2001). ITF World of Tennis 2001. London: HarperCollins. pp. 193–194. ISBN 9780007111299.
- Selena Roberts (November 20, 2000). "Tennis; Hingis Pulls Out Victory Over an Emotional Seles". The New York Times.
- John Parsons (November 20, 2000). "WTA Chase Championships: Hingis denies Seles winning send-off". The Telegraph.
- "The Chase is on for Hingis". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC. November 12, 2000.
- Selena Roberts (November 12, 2000). "Tennis; Williamses Missing From Season Finale". The New York Times.