2000 in Ghana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 6 March - 43rd independence anniversary.
- 1 July - Republic day celebrations held across the country.
Holidays in italics are "special days", while those in regular type are "regular holidays".
- January 1: New Year's Day
- March 6: Independence Day
- May 1: Labor Day
- December 25: Christmas
- December 26: Boxing day
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."
- "Ghana Election 2000 Implications and significance for the future". www.iss.co.za/. Archived from the original on 9 June 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.