2001 MBNA Platinum 400
|Race 13 of 36 of 2001 in the 2001 NASCAR Winston Cup Series|
Layout of Dover International Speedway
|Date||June 3, 2001|
|Location||Dover Downs International Speedway, Dover, Delaware|
Permanent racing facility|
1 mi (1.6 km)
|Distance||400 laps, 400 mi (804.6 km)|
|Weather||Temperatures reaching up to 71.6 °F (22.0 °C); wind speeds approaching 15 miles per hour (24 km/h)|
|Average speed||120.361 miles per hour (193.702 km/h)|
|Most laps led|
|Driver||Jeff Gordon||Hendrick Motorsports|
|No. 24||Jeff Gordon||Hendrick Motorsports|
|Television in the United States|
|Network||Fox Broadcasting Network|
|Announcers||Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds, Darrell Waltrip|
Contested over 400 laps, it was the thirteenth race of the 2001 season. Jeff Gordon of Hendrick Motorsports took his second win of the season leading 381 out of the 400 laps, while Steve Park finished second and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. finished third. Jarrett retained his points lead but was reduced from 75 points to 50.
Sixteen lead changes were made in this 199-minute event. While the average green flag run was almost 62 laps, more than 7% of the race was held under a caution flag.
Dover Downs International Speedway, now called Dover International Speedway is one of five short tracks to hold NASCAR races; the others are Bristol Motor Speedway, Richmond International Raceway, Martinsville Speedway, and ISM Raceway. The NASCAR race makes use of the track's standard configuration, a four-turn short track oval that is 1 mile (1.6 km) long. The track's turns are banked at twenty-four degrees, and both the front stretch (the location of the finish line) and the backstretch are banked at nine degrees.
- Darren Fauth. "NASCAR Race Results 2001 MBNA Platinum 400". Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet. Archived from the original on July 3, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- "2001 MBNA Platinum 400 weather information". The Old Farmers' Almanac. Archived from the original on 2013-07-03. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- "2001 MBNA Platinum 400 race information". Racing Reference. Archived from the original on 2013-07-03. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "NASCAR Race Tracks". NASCAR. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Archived from the original on 12 September 2010. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "NASCAR Tracks—The Dover International Speedway". Dover International Speedway. Archived from the original on 21 September 2010. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
2001 Coca-Cola 600
|Winston Cup Series
2001 Kmart 400
|This NASCAR-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Delaware is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|