2001 in Bangladesh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 2001
List of years in Bangladesh
Events from the year 2001 in Bangladesh.
- President: Shahabuddin Ahmed (until 14 November), Badruddoza Chowdhury (starting 14 November)
- Prime Minister:
- Chief Justice: Latifur Rahman (until 28 February), Mahmudul Amin Choudhury (starting 1 March)
- Seven people are killed in bomb blast at a Bengali New Year concert in Dhaka.
- Sixteen Indian and three Bangladeshi soldiers killed in their worst border clashes.
- High Court confirms death sentences on 12 ex-army officers for killing Mujib. Only four are in custody.
- 26 August - 50,000 people are marooned by flash flooding.
- 10 October - Khaleda Zia is sworn in as Prime minister of Bangladesh following a landslide election victory.
- 11 October - The producers of Sesame Street were reported to be upset by demonstrations in the country against America that included an image of Bert alongside terror chief Bin Laden.
- "Bangladesh profile". BBC. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Flash floods hit 50,000 people in Bangladesh - CNN
- New Bangladesh leader sworn in
- "'Muppet' producers miffed over Bert-bin Laden image". Time Warner. CNN. October 11, 2001. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
|This Bangladesh history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|