- 23 May - India invites future president Pervez Musharraf to peace talks.
- 28 May - Musharraf formally accepts the invitation.
President Musharraf meets Indian PM Vajpayee in Agra for a three-day summit; the talks fail.
- The September 11 attacks in America result in Pakistan agreeing to cooperate with the campaign against Al Qaeda.
- Anthrax-infected letters, the first in Asia, are sent to the Karachi office of the Jang newspaper; there are no casualties.
- India blames an attack on its parliament on Pakistan, leading to a massive build-up of troops on both sides of the border and rising tension between the two nations.
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2013)