2001 in Russia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2001|
History of Russia • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 2001 in Russia.
- February 18 - FBI agent Robert Hanssen is arrested and charged with spying for Russia for 15 years.
- March 23 - The Russian space station Mir re-enters the atmosphere near Nadi, Fiji, and falls into the Pacific Ocean.
- July 3 - A Vladivostokavia Tupolev Tu-154 jetliner crashes on approach to landing at Irkutsk, Russia, killing 145.
- July 16 - The People's Republic of China and the Russian Federation sign the Treaty of Good-Neighborliness and Friendly Cooperation.
- October 4 - Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 crashes over the Black Sea en route from Tel Aviv, Israel to Novosibirsk, Russia; 78 are killed.
- December 1 - United Russia is created.
- June 21 - Alexandra Obolentseva, chess player
- October 28 - Ekaterina Starshova, actress
- April 10- Nadya Gube, spy
- January 11 - Princess Vera Konstantinovna of Russia (born 1906)
- March 17 - Boris Rauschenbach, physicist and rocket engineer (born 1915)
- May 7 - Boris Ryzhy, poet (born 1974)
- May 12 - Alexei Tupolev, aircraft designer (born 1925)
- May 13 - Sergey Afanasyev, engineer and politician (born 1918)
- May 15 - Georgy Shakhnazarov, politician (born 1924)
- May 19 - Alexei Petrovich Maresiev, World War II pilot (born 1916)
- May 30 - Nikolai Korndorf, composer (born 1947)
- June 5 - Vasily Kolotov, weightlifter (born 1944)
- July 1 - Nikolay Basov, physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (born 1922)
- July 17 - Timur Apakidze, aviator (born 1954)
- August 10
- August 22 - Tatyana Averina, speed skater (born 1950)
- September 10 - Alexey Suetin, International Grandmaster of chess (born 1926)
- October 4 - Ahron Soloveichik, Russian-born American Rabbi (born 1917)
- October 10 - Vasily Mishin, rocket engineer (born 1917)
- October 23 - Georgy Vitsin, actor (born 1918)
- November 28 - Gleb Lozino-Lozinskiy, scientist (born 1909)
- November 29 - Viktor Astafiyev, writer (born 1924)
- December 1 - Pavel Sadyrin, footballer (born 1942)
- December 23 - Dimitri Obolensky, historian (born 1918)
- December 27 - Boris Rybakov, historian (born 1908)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2001 in Russia.|