2002 Montreal Expos season
|2002 Montreal Expos|
|Major League affiliations|
|Owner(s)||Major League Baseball|
|General manager(s)||Omar Minaya|
Réseau des sports|
(Rodger Brulotte, Denis Casavant)
(Terry Haig, Elliott Price)
(Jacques Doucet, Marc Griffin)
|< Previous season Next season >|
The 2002 Montreal Expos season was the 34th season in franchise history.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Spring training
- 3 Regular season
- 4 Game log
- 5 Player stats
- 6 Award winners
- 7 Farm system
- 8 References
- October 3, 2001: Tim Raines was sent to the Baltimore Orioles by the Montreal Expos as part of a conditional deal.
- February 21, 2002: José Canseco signed as a Free Agent with the Montreal Expos.
- March 7, 2002: Alan Mills was signed as a Free Agent with the Montreal Expos.
- March 24, 2002: Jason Bay was traded by the Montreal Expos with Jimmy Serrano to the New York Mets for Lou Collier.
- March 27, 2002: José Canseco was released by the Montreal Expos.
- March 28, 2002: Henry Rodriguez was signed as a Free Agent with the Montreal Expos.
In 2002, the Expos held spring training at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Florida – a facility they shared with the St. Louis Cardinals – for the fifth and final season. The following year, they moved to Space Coast Stadium in Viera, Florida, for spring training.
Opening Day starters
- Peter Bergeron – CF
- Jose Vidro – 2B
- Vladimir Guerrero – RF
- Orlando Cabrera – SS
- Lee Stevens – 1B
- Chris Truby – 3B
- Brad Wilkerson – LF
- Michael Barrett – C
- Javier Vázquez – P 
National League East
|New York Mets||75||86||0.466||26½||38–43||37–43|
Record vs. opponents
2002 National League Records
|Bold||Expos team member|
|2002 Game Log|
- May 16, 2002: Henry Rodriguez was released by the Montreal Expos.
- June 27, 2002: Grady Sizemore was traded by the Montreal Expos with Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips, and Lee Stevens to the Cleveland Indians for Bartolo Colón and Tim Drew.
- July 11, 2002: Cliff Floyd was traded by the Florida Marlins with Wilton Guerrero, Claudio Vargas, and cash to the Montreal Expos for a player to be named later, Graeme Lloyd, Mike Mordecai, Carl Pavano, and Justin Wayne. The Montreal Expos sent Donald Levinski (minors) (August 5, 2002) to the Florida Marlins to complete the trade.
- July 19, 2002: Sean Spencer was released by the Montreal Expos.
- July 30, 2002: Cliff Floyd was traded by the Montreal Expos to the Boston Red Sox for Sun-Woo Kim and Seung Song (minors).
|2002 Montreal Expos|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Note: G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
- Tim Raines Statistics Baseball-Reference.com
- Jason Bay Statistics Baseball-Reference.com
- Grady Sizemore Statistics Baseball-Reference.com
- Cliff Floyd Statistics Baseball-Reference.com
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 2007