2002 NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournament
|2002 NCAA National Collegiate Women's
Ice Hockey Tournament
2002 Frozen Four logo
|Finals Site||Whittemore Center
Durham, New Hampshire
|Champions||Minnesota–Duluth (2nd title, 2nd title game,
2nd Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Brown (1st title game,
1st Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Minnesota (1st Frozen Four)
Niagara (1st Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Shannon Miller (2nd title)|
|MOP||Kristy Zamora (Brown)|
|NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 2002 NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournament involved four schools playing in single-elimination play to determine the national champion of women's NCAA Division I college ice hockey. The tournament began on March 22, 2002, and ended with the championship game on March 24.
The at-large bids, along with the seeding for each team in the tournament, were announced on Sunday, March 17.
|E1||Niagara||ECAC Eastern||26–7–1||At-large Bid|
Frozen Four – Durham, New Hampshire
- G: Tania Pinelli, Niagara
- D: Larissa Luther, Minnesota–Duluth
- D: Meredith Ostrander, Brown
- F: Kelly Stephens, Minnesota
- F: Joanne Eustace, Minnesota–Duluth
- F: Kristy Zamora, Brown*
* Most Outstanding Player(s)
- "Division I Women's Ice Hockey Championship History". NCAA. Archived from the original on 2009-05-14. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Women’s Frozen Four Records" (PDF). NCAA. Retrieved May 27, 2014.