2002 UEFA Super Cup
|Event||UEFA Super Cup|
|Date||30 August 2002|
|Venue||Stade Louis II, Monaco|
|Man of the Match||Roberto Carlos|
|Referee||Hugh Dallas (Scotland)|
The 2002 UEFA Super Cup was played on 30 August 2002 between Real Madrid of Spain and Feyenoord of the Netherlands. Real Madrid qualified by beating Bayer Leverkusen in the 2002 UEFA Champions League Final. Feyenoord had made it to the Super Cup after beating Borussia Dortmund in the 2002 UEFA Cup Final. Real Madrid won the match 3–1, securing their first Super Cup win.
|Team||Qualification||Previous participation (bold indicates winners)|
|Real Madrid||2001–02 UEFA Champions League winners||1998, 2000|
|Feyenoord||2001–02 UEFA Cup winners||None|
|Paauwe 15' (o.g.)
Roberto Carlos 21'
|Report||Van Hooijdonk 56'|
- 2001–02 UEFA Champions League
- 2001–02 UEFA Cup
- Real Madrid CF in international football competitions
- "Madrid dazzle in Monaco". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 30 August 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2012.}
- "Lineups". UEFA.com. Union of European Football Associations. 30 August 2002. Retrieved 1 June 2012.}
- "Match Press Kit (2009)" (PDF). Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
See page 18
- Tactical lineups. Voetbal International. Retrieved 1 June 2012