2002 in Russian football
2002 in Russian football was the first season of the Premier League, which was won by FC Lokomotiv Moscow (this was their first ever national title). The national team participated in the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- Russia score given first
- H = Home match
- A = Away match
- N = Neutral ground
- F = Friendly
- FT = Friendly tournament
- WC = 2002 FIFA World Cup, Group H
- ECQ = 2004 UEFA European Football Championship qualifying, Group 10
|16||FC Dynamo St. Petersburg||34||9||9||16||28||56||–28||36*|
*Dynamo SPb were awarded 0–3 defeats in ten matches for fielding ineligible players
**Metallurg were docked 24 points for failing to pay transfer fees for four players
Vyacheslav Kamoltsev of Chernomorets became the top goalscorer with 20 goals.
The following clubs have earned promotion by winning tournaments in their respective Second Division zones:
- FC Baltika Kaliningrad (West)
- FC Metallurg Lipetsk (Centre)
- FC Terek Grozny (South)
- FC Svetotekhnika Saransk (Povolzhye)
- FC Uralmash Yekaterinburg (Ural)
- FC Metallurg-Zapsib Novokuznetsk (East)
UEFA club competitions
UEFA Cup 2001-02
UEFA Intertoto Cup 2002
UEFA Champions League 2002-03
Lokomotiv Moscow's victory over Grazer AK ensured there are two Russian clubs in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League 2002-03. Lokomotiv finished second in the group with Club Brugge, Galatasaray, and the dominant FC Barcelona.
UEFA Cup 2002-03
Zenit Saint Petersburg set the record for aggregate score for the Russian teams, beating FC Encamp 13–0 in the qualifying roung of the UEFA Cup 2002-03 and joining CSKA Moscow in the first round. Both Russian clubs lost in the first round, Zenit to Grasshopper Club Zürich (3–4) and CSKA to Parma F.C. (3–4).
- National team fixtures (Russian)
- League and cup results
- UEFA Champions League results
- UEFA Cup results: 2001-02 2002-03
- UEFA Intertoto Cup results