2002 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- March – Part of the podium of the Temple of Apollo in Mdina, Malta is discovered and subsequently excavated.
- Mask of la Roche-Cotard.
- 3,500-year-old human remains found in the Citadel of Damascus.
- June: Newport ship.
- October: Banc Ty'nddôl sun-disc.
- Brief reappearance and study of Seaton Carew Wreck
- Ciampate del Diavolo (early hominid footprints in Italy) come to scientific attention
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Syria - ongoing excavations.
- Testa, Michael (19 March 2002). "New find at Mdina most important so far in old capital". Times of Malta. Archived from the original on 13 April 2016.