2002 in archaeology
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- March – Part of the podium of the Temple of Apollo in Mdina, Malta is discovered and subsequently excavated.
- Mask of la Roche-Cotard.
- 3,500-year-old human remains found in the Citadel of Damascus.
- May: Amesbury Archer, a Bronze Age burial found near Stonehenge in England.
- June: Newport ship.
- October: Banc Ty'nddôl sun-disc.
- Brief reappearance and study of Seaton Carew Wreck
- Ciampate del Diavolo (early hominid footprints in Italy) come to scientific attention
- Syria - ongoing excavations.
- Testa, Michael (19 March 2002). "New find at Mdina most important so far in old capital". Times of Malta. Archived from the original on 13 April 2016.
- "Obituary: Gordon Willey". theguardian.com. Retrieved 15 March 2017.