Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2003
The 2003 Edinburgh Festival Fringe was the 56th Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The Fringe ran from 3–25 August 2003 and presented 1541 shows over 207 venues. 2003 was the first year that over one million tickets were sold at the Fringe.
The Spiegeltent moved to a new location on George Square Gardens, to where it has returned each year since.
Unusual venues at the 2003 Fringe included a public toilet, a bus and a lift.
Perrier Comedy Awards
Perrier Comedy Award
- Demetri Martin – If I
- Adam Hills – Cut Loose
- Flight of the Conchords – High on Folk
- Howard Read – The Big Howard and Little Howard Show
- Reginald D. Hunter – White Woman
Best Newcomer Award
- Gary Le Strange Polaroid Suitcase – (with Waen Shepherd)
- Alex Horne – Making Fish Laugh (with Tim Key)
- Miles Jupp – Gentlemen Prefer Brogues
- Michael McIntyre
So You Think You're Funny?
BBC New Comedy Award
Scotsman Fringe First Awards
- Pandora 88 (Fabrik)
- Those Eyes, That Mouth (Grid Iron)
- Pugilist Specialist (The Riot Group)
- The People Next Door (Traverse Theatre Company)
- Boy Steals Train (78th Street Theatre Lab)
- NE 2nd Avenue (Teo Castellanos)
- Pickle (Indian ink)
- Baby Jane: Show Number 113 (The People Show)
- The Birds of Sarajevo (Théâtre de la Fenêtre)
- The Echo Chamber (en masse theatre)
- Love, Sex and Cider (Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama)
- Thebans (Theatre Babel)
- White Cabin (Akhe Group)
- Ladies and Gents (Semper Fi)
- A Very Naughty Boy (Vivienne Smith Management)
- "Fringe Facts – Annual Report 2003". The Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society. 7 November 2008. Archived from the original on 3 October 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- "Fringe Annual Report 2003" (PDF). The Festival Fringe Society. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 May 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2009.
- "if.comedy – Past winners". ifcomedy.com. Archived from the original on 14 May 2009. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
- "if.comedy – Newcomers". ifcomedy.com. Archived from the original on 11 March 2009. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
|This comedy or humor related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|