2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series
The 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series was an Australian touring car series held for V8 Supercars. It was the fourth series held for second tier V8 Supercar teams. The season began on 23 February 2003 at Wakefield Park and finished on 31 August at Mallala Motor Sport Park. The season consisted of six rounds held across three different states.
The series was won by Mark Winterbottom who won eight races during the course of the 16 race series and four of the six rounds. The new points system placed an increased emphasis on finishing races and saw that series runner up Matthew White finished just 58 points despite White taking only two wins and six top three race finishes in total.
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers have competed during the 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series.
|1||22–23 February||Wakefield Park||Goulburn, New South Wales||Mark Winterbottom|
|2||20–21 March||Adelaide Street Circuit||Adelaide, South Australia||Mark Winterbottom|
|3||3–4 May||Eastern Creek Raceway||Sydney, New South Wales||Mark Winterbottom|
|4||5–6 July||Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit||Phillip Island, Victoria||Matthew White|
|5||2–3 August||Winton Motor Raceway||Benalla, Victoria||Andrew Jones|
|6||30–31 August||Mallala Motor Sport Park||Mallala, South Australia||Mark Winterbottom|
Results and standings
The season consisted of six rounds across three different states. Rounds 1 and 3-6 consisted of three races. The second race of each weekend saw the finishing order of race 1 reversed to form the grid, a 'reverse grid' race. Round 2 consisted of a single race. Points were awarded for all cars who finished each race in finishing order. Points may have been offered beyond the 29th position but at no point during the season did more than 29 cars finish a race. Round 2's single race carried three times the points of a single race elsewhere in the season. The pointscore also saw the worst round result deducted, although the worst result had to be a round the competitor had entered.
|Rounds 1 & 3-6
Points table referenced, in part, as follows:
- "2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series Points". Official website of the V8 Supercar Championship Series. 31 August 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Wakefield Park Raceway 23/02/2003 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series - Round 1". National Software. 23 February 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Adelaide Parklands Circuit 23/03/2003 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series - Round 1". National Software. 23 March 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Eastern Creek International Raceway 04/05/2003 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series - Round 3". National Software. 4 May 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit 06/07/2003 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series - Round 4". National Software. 6 July 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Winton Motor Raceway 03/08/2003 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series - Round 5". National Software. 3 August 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.
- "Mallala Motorsport Park 31/08/2003 2003 Konica V8 Supercar Series - Round 6". National Software. 31 August 2003. Retrieved 20 January 2009.