2003 in animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 2003 in animation involved some animation-related events.
- February 2 - The Simpsons reaches its 300th episode.
- Academy Award for Best Animated Feature: Finding Nemo
- Animation Kobe Feature Film Award: Millennium Actress
- Annecy International Animated Film Festival Cristal du long métrage: My Life as McDull
- Annie Award for Best Animated Feature: Finding Nemo
- Goya Award for Best Animated Film: El Cid: The Legend
- Japan Media Arts Festival Animation Award: Winter Days
- Mainichi Film Awards - Animation Grand Award: Tokyo Godfathers
Main article: List of animated feature films: 2003
Television series debuts
Main article: List of animated television series of 2003
- February 16 - The Venture Bros. debuts on Adult Swim (2003–present).
- April 12 - All Grown Up! debuts on Nickelodeon (2003–08).
- June 13 - The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy debuts on Cartoon Network (2003–07).
- June 26 - Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon premieres on Spike TV (2003)
- July 19 - Teen Titans debuts on Kids' WB! (2003–06).
- August 1 - My Life as a Teenage Robot debuts on Nickelodeon (2003–09).
- September 3 - Code Lyoko debuts on Cartoon Network (2003–07).
- September 20 - Lilo & Stitch: The Series debuts on Disney Channel (2003–06).
- November 1
Television series endings
- August 10 - Futurama on Fox (1999–2003), later returned to Comedy Central (2008–2013).
- August 14 - Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon on Spike TV (2003)
- October 25 - X-Men: Evolution on Kids' WB (2000–2003).
- November 9 - Family Guy on Fox (1999–2003), later returned to air in 2005 due to strong DVD sales.
- November 14 - Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones? on Cartoon Network (2002–2003).
- November 20 - Dexter's Laboratory on Cartoon Network (1996–2003).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|
- これまでの記録（第1回～10回）. Anime Kobe (in Japanese). Retrieved 2012-03-27.