2004 Italian Formula Three Championship
|2004 Italian Formula Three Championship|
Matteo Cressoni of Ombra Racing won the opening race at Adria, race at Pergusa and had another six podiums and ultimately clinched the title. Coloni Motorsport's Toni Vilander had six wins and the same number of points as Cressoni, but he was ineligible to contest for the title. Third place went to Lucidi Motors driver Alex Frassineti, who took one victory, and he finished ahead of Imola winner Michele Rugolo, who competed with Team Ghinzani.
Teams and drivers
All teams were Italian-registered and all cars competed on Hankook tyres.
All rounds were held in Italy.
- Points are awarded as follows:
Bold – Pole
- Ineligible for championship title contesting.
- "Race Calendar: Italian Formula 3 Championship – Season 2004". Speedsport Magazine. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Verlicchi, Giorgio (24 October 2012). "Matteo Cressoni tricolore Primo successo di Alex Ciompi". ItaliaRacing.net (in Italian). Inpagina. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Entrylist: Italian Formula 3 Championship – Season 2004". Speedsport Magazine. Retrieved 26 August 2012.