2004 Vancouver Women's Open
This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. (October 2018)
|2004 Vancouver Women's Open|
|Draw||32S / 16D|
|Surface||Hard / outdoor|
|Bethanie Mattek / Abigail Spears|
The 2004 Vancouver Women's Open was a women's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts that was part of the Tier V category of the 2004 WTA Tour. It was the third edition of the tournament and took place in Vancouver, Canada from 9 August until 15 August 2004. This was the first and only edition of the tournament which was a WTA event, as all the other editions of the tournaments were ITF events.
Singles main draw entrants
- Rankings are as of August 2, 2014.
The following players received wildcards into the main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- It was Vaidošová's 1st career singles title
- It was Mattek's first doubles title of her career, while it was the second title (and the first that season) for Spears.
- "2004 Sopot & Vancouver WTA Women's Singles Results-- Flavia Pennetta & Nicole Vaidisova, Champions". Tennis Quickfound. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Vaidisova makes her mark in Vancouver". Eurosport. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 10 September 2018.