2004 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 2004
List of years in Denmark
Events from the year 2004 in Denmark.
- 14 May - Crown Prince Frederik marries Australian Mary Elizabeth Donaldson in Copenhagen Cathedral, in Copenhagen.
- 26 December - 45 Danes are among the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- 10 June — Gala concert with the Danish National Symphony Orchestra in Tivoli Concert Hall, celebrating Henrik, the Prince Consort of Denmark's 70th birthday, with the premiere performance of Frederik Magle's symphonic poem Souffle le vent from the Cantabile suite.
- 20 May — FC Copenhagen wins the 2003–04 Danish Cup by defeating Aalborg BK 1–0 in the final.
- 12 June – 4 July — Denmark participates at the UEFA Euro 2004 in Portugal.
- 1 February — Denmark takes bronze at the 2004 European Men's Handball Championship by defeating Croatia 31–27 in the third place play-off.
- 29 August — Denmark wins gold in the Women's handball tournament at the 2004 Summer Olympics by defeating South Korea in the final.
- 15 December — Denmark wins silver at the 2004 European Women's Handball Championship after being defeated 27–25 by Norway in the final.
- 16–24 April — With three gold medals, three silver medals and five bronze medals, Denmark finishes as the best nation at the 19th European Badminton Championships in Geneve, Switzerland.
- 13 June — Tom Kristensen wins the 2004 24 Hours of Le Mans as part of Audi Sport Japan Team Goh, his sixth win of the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.
- 25 July — Michael Rasmussen finishes 3rd in the Mountains classification in the 2004 Tour de France.
- 12 November — Mikkel Kessler becomes WBA championship ny defeating Manny Siaca in Copenhagen after taking on the match on a short notice after his stablemate, Mads Larsen, had been injured in training.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
- 6 February – Jørgen Jersild, composer and music educator (born 1913)
- 5 May – Kate Mundt, actress (born 1930)
- 14 September - Ove Sprogøe, actor (born 1919)
- 13 December - Jørn Larsen, painter and sculptor (born 1926)
- Browne, Anthony; Follett, Christopher (15 May 2004). "Danes cheer as estate agent marries into royal house". London: TimesOnline. Retrieved 2009-11-06.