2005–06 Philadelphia 76ers season
|2005–06 Philadelphia 76ers season|
|Head coach||Maurice Cheeks|
|Place||Division: 2nd (Atlantic)
Conference: 10th (Eastern)
|Playoff finish||Did not qualify|
|Television||CSN Philadelphia, WPSG|
The 2005–06 Philadelphia 76ers season was the 67th season of the franchise, 57th in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Former Sixers player Maurice Cheeks spent his first season as the coach of the Sixers, and it was the last full season Allen Iverson would spend with the Sixers before getting traded to the Denver Nuggets.
- June 28: The 2005 NBA Draft took place in New York City, New York.
- July 1: The free agency period started.
- October 11: The Sixers pre-season started with a game against the Houston Rockets.
- November 1: The Sixers season started with a game against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- April 15: The Sixers are eliminated from the playoff hunt when the Milwaukee Bucks secure the eighth playoff spot after a Sixers' loss to the Orlando Magic.
- April 18: The Sixers beat the New Jersey Nets in the last home game of the season, which was designated as Fan Appreciation Night. This was despite starters Allen Iverson and Chris Webber not arriving until tip-off, an action which would frustrate fans.
|2||45||Louis Williams||Point Guard||United States||South Gwinnett HS (Snellville, GA)|
|Philadelphia 76ers roster|
|New York Knicks||23||59||.280||26|
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game|
Awards and records
- "Bucks seal playoff place". Television New Zealand. 16 April 2006. Retrieved 14 September 2011.
- Frustrated crowd: Iverson, Webber made it Fans Unappreciated Night., Philadelphia Inquirer, April 19, 2006