2005 Brit Awards
|25th Brit Awards|
|Date||9 February 2005|
|Hosted by||Chris Evans|
|Most awards||Scissor Sisters|
The 2005 Brit Awards were the 25th edition of the biggest annual pop music awards in the United Kingdom. A Special BRITs 25 Award for the best single from the past 25 years was awarded to Robbie Williams "Angels". The show attracted 6.32 million viewers.
The producers added a fake film effect to the TV coverage of the 2005 awards show, which was criticised by some who thought ruined the immediacy of the awards show, and was dizzying when combined with fast camera movements.
- Daniel Bedingfield featuring Natasha Bedingfield – "Ain't Nobody"
- Franz Ferdinand – "Take Me Out"
- Green Day – "American Idiot"
- Gwen Stefani – "What You Waiting For?"
- Jamelia featuring Lemar – "Addicted to Love"
- Joss Stone featuring Robbie Williams – "Right to Be Wrong / Angels"
- Keane – Everybody's Changing
- Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell – "What's My Name?"
- Scissor Sisters – "Take Your Mama"
- Bob Geldof – "I Don't Like Mondays"
- The Streets – "Dry Your Eyes"
The nominations were announced on 18 January 2005.
|MasterCard British Album||Best British Single|
|Best British Male||Best British Female|
|Best British Group||Best British Breakthrough Act|
|Best British Rock Act||Best British Urban Act|
|Best British Live Act||Best Pop Act|
|Best International Album|
|Best International Male||Best International Female|
|Best International Group||Best International Breakthrough Act|