2005 New Year Honours
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
New Year Honours were granted in the United Kingdom and New Zealand at the start of 2005. Among these in the UK were knighthoods awarded to Mike Tomlinson, the educationalist; Derek Wanless, who led a review of the National Health Service; and Brian Harrison, editor of the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. The former athlete Kelly Holmes was made a Dame. The television presenter Alan Whicker was awarded a CBE.
- 1 United Kingdom
- 1.1 Knights Bachelor
- 1.2 Order of the Bath
- 1.3 Order of St Michael and St George
- 1.4 Royal Victorian Order
- 2 New Zealand
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- Clive John Bourne, J.P. For services to Charity and to Education.
- Professor Robert Rees Davies, C.B.E., lately Chicele Professor of Medieval History at the University of Oxford. For services to History.
- Robert Gerard Finch, lately Lord Mayor of London. For services to the City of London.
- Professor Andrew Paul Haines, Dean of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. For services to Medicine.
- Professor Brian Howard Harrison, lately Editor of the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
- Alan Jeffrey Jones, Chair of Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd. For services to the Automotive Industry.
- Digby Marritt Jones, Director-General of the Confederation of British Industry. For services to Business.
- Roger Spencer Jones, O.B.E. For services to Business and Training in Wales.
- Robert Walker Kerslake, Chief Executive of Sheffield City Council. For services to Local Government.
- Professor John Hartley Lawton, C.B.E., F.R.S., Chief Executive of the Natural Environment Research Council. For services to Ecological Science.
- Dr. Jonathan Michael, Chief Executive of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. For services to the National Health Service.
- Dr. Peter James Ogden, Founder of the Ogden Trust. For services to Education.
- Mervyn Kay Pedelty, lately Chief Executive of Co-operative Financial Services. For services to Business and to Charity.
- Matthew Clive Pinsent, C.B.E., Rower. For services to Sport.
- Professor Desmond Rea, O.B.E., Chair of the Northern Ireland Policing Board. For services to the Police.
- Richard John Staite, O.B.E., Headteacher of Beeslack Community High School, Penicuik, Midlothian. For services to Education.
- Michael John Tomlinson, C.B.E., Chair of the A-level Standards Inquiry, Working Group on 14–19 Reform and the Learning Trust for Hackney Schools. For services to Education.
- Professor James Cressee Elphinstone Underwood, Professor of the Royal College of Pathologists and Professor of Pathology at the University of Sheffield. For services to Medicine.
- David Veness, C.B.E., Q.P.M., Assistant Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis. For services to the Police.
- John Stuart Vickers, Chair and Chief Executive of the Office of Fair Trading. For public service.
- Derek Wanless. For public service.
- Diplomatic Service and Overseas List
- Mark John Spurgeon Allen, C.M.G., Counsellor at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Professor Clive William John Granger. For services to Economics.
- Professor Basil Spyridonos Markesinis, Q.C., F.B.A. For services to international legal relations.
Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (G.C.B.)
- Military Division
- General Sir Michael David Jackson, K.C.B., C.B.E., D.S.O., A.D.C. Gen (475176), late The Parachute Regiment.
Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.)
- Military Division
- Lieutenant-General (Local General) Kevin O'Donaghue, C.B.E. (486538), late Corps of Royal Engineers.
- Royal Air Force
- Civil Division
- (Edward) John Watson Gieve, C.B., Permanent Secretary at the Home Office.
- David John Normington, C.B., Permanent Secretary at the Department for Education and Skills.
Companions of the Order of the Bath (C.B.)
- Military Division
- Royal Navy
- Rear-Admiral Peter Roland Davies, C.B.E.
- Rear-Admiral Niall Stuart Roderick Kilgour.
- Major-General Jonathan Bernard Appleton Bailey, M.B.E. (494267), late Royal Regiment of Artillery.
- Major-General Michael Huntley (494362), late Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
- Lieutenant-General Anthony Malcolm Douglas Palmer, C.B.E. (487557), late The Royal Green Jackets.
- Royal Air Force
- Air Vice-Marshal James Andrew Collier, C.B.E., Royal Air Force.
- Air Vice-Marshal Peter Brett Walker, C.B.E., Royal Air Force.
- Civil Division
- Mark Eric Addison, Director-General of Operations and Service Delivery at the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Colin McLauchlan Baxter, lately Head of the Police and Community Safety Group in the Justice Department of the Scottish Executive.
- David Brummell, Legal Secretary to the Law Officers of the Office of the Attorney General.
- John David Coles, Chief Executive of the Warship Support Agency.
- Naomi Eisenstadt, Director of Sure Start, Department for Education and Skills.
- Mark Gibson, Director-General of the Business Group, Department of Trade and Industry.
- John Francis Gilhooly, Chief Executive of the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel.
- Brian Leslie Glicksman, Treasury Officer of Accounts at HM Treasury.
- Robin Paul Halward, lately Deputy Director-General of the Immigration and Nationality Directorate, Home Office.
- David Seymour, Legal Adviser to the Home Office and the Northern Ireland Office.
- Douglas Armitage Smith, lately Chief Executive of the Child Support Agency.
- George Macaulay Trevelyan, lately Director of the Delivery Strategy Team, Defra.
- Marjorie Williams, Director of Local Services, Inland Revenue.
Knights Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (K.C.M.G.)
- Diplomatic Division
- Edward Clay, British High Commissioner, Nairobi.
- Robert John Coleman, lately Director-General of Health and Consumer Protection, European Commission.
- John Douglas Kelso Grant, UK Permanent Representative to the European Union.
Companions of the Order of St Michael and St George (C.M.G.)
- Civil Division
- Elizabeth Kerr Burns, O.B.E., President of the International Association of Volunteer Effort. For services to Volunteering.
- Stuart John Doughty, Chief Executive of Costain Group plc. For services to International Trade and Investment.
- John Charles Odling-Smee, lately Director of the European II Department of the International Monetary Fund. For services to International Finance.
- Diplomatic Division
- Dr. Robin William Baker, Deputy Director-General of the British Council.
- John Cummins, M.B.E., lately Counsellor and HM Consul-General in Moscow.
- Paul Stephen Dimond, HM Ambassador to the Philippines.
- Major-General Robert Duncan Seaton Gordon, C.B.E. (490208), late 17th/21st Lancers.
- Allan Graham Gormly, C.B.E. For services to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Board of Management.
- David John Gowan, HM Ambassador to Serbia and Montenegro.
- Alison Mariot Leslie, HM Ambassador to Norway.
- Philip Raymond Nelson, Counsellor at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- William Charters Patey, HM Ambassador to Sudan.
- Angela Joy Williams, lately Director of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East.
Commanders of the Royal Victorian Order (C.V.O.)
- Dr. Claude Blair, O.B.E. For services to the Royal Collection.
- Edward Peter Demery, Clerk of the Royal Cellars.
- Major-General Geoffrey William Field, C.B., O.B.E., Resident Governor and Keeper of the Jewel House in the Tower of London.
- Vice-Admiral Michael Peter Gretton, C.B., Director of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award (UK).
- Brigadier Colin John McCrae Harrisson, O.B.E., formerly Chief Executive of King Edward VII's Hospital (Sister Agnes)
- Major-General David Houston, C.B.E., formerly Lord Lieutenant of Sutherland.
- Lieutenant-General Maurice Robert Johnston, K.C.B., O.B.E., formerly Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire.
- Graeme Neil Munro, formerly Director and Chief Executive of Historic Scotland.
- Surgeon Captain David Leslie Swain, L.V.O., R.N., Medical Officer to The Queen abroad.
Lieutenants of the Royal Victorian Order (L.V.O.)
- Philip Metcalf Bolam, Honorary Press Officer of Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth.
- Elizabeth Faith Currer Buchanan, Deputy Private Secretary to The Prince of Wales.
- Lieutenant-Colonel Robert Guy Cartwright, Secretary of the Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood.
- Nicholas John Lucas Chance, J.P., Private Secretary to Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
- Nigel John Fordham, formerly Head of the Crown Agents Stamp Bureau.
- The Reverend Charles Robertson, Minister of the Kirk of the Canongate.
- Constance Margaret Tyler, formerly Assistant Fundraising Director of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award (UK).
- Dr. Peter Wheeler, Apothecary to The Prince of Wales.
Members of the Royal Victorian Order (M.V.O.)
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
|The Right Honourable Jonathan Lucas Hunt||M.P.||Waitakere City||Speaker of the House of Representatives For services to Parliament|
|Professor Donald Ward Beaven||C.B.E.||Christchurch||For services to persons with diabetes|
|The Right Honourable Peter Blanchard||Auckland||For services to the Judiciary|
|Dr Mary Josephine (Joy) Drayton||C.N.Z.M., M.B.E.||Tauranga||For services to education and local body affairs|
|Dr Alan Russell Frampton||Auckland||For services to agriculture|
|Mr Tumu Te Heuheu||Taupo||For services to conservation|
|Mr Arthur Wynyard Beasley||O.B.E., E.D.||Wellington||For services to orthopaedics and the community|
|Professor Dick Bellamy||Auckland||For services to science and education|
|Mrs Margaret Anne Bendall||Auckland||For services to education|
|Mrs Gwendoline Joyce Bull||J.P.||Papakura||For services to local government|
|Professor Wystan Tremayne Le Cren Curnow||Auckland||For services to art and literature|
|Mr James Kempster Guthrie||Dunedin||For services to environmental law, conservation and the community|
|Dr Bryan Foss Leach||Picton||For services to archaeology|
|Mr Christopher Robert Mace||Auckland||For services to the Antarctic and the community|
|Mrs Alexia Helen Pickering||Q.S.O., J.P.||Wellington||For services to persons with disabilities|
|Mr Michael Charles Wintringham||Waikanae||For public services as State Services Commissioner|
|Billy Apple||Auckland||For services to art|
|Alistair Te Ariki Campbell||Wellington||For services to literature|
|Hamish Carter||Auckland||For services to sport especially as a triathlete|
|Philip Maurice Carter||J.P.||Christchurch||For services to business|
|Vernon Raymond Clark||Canterbury||For services to agriculture and the community|
|Professor Kathryn Elizabeth Crosier||Auckland||For services to medicine|
|Caroline Frances Evers-Swindell||Cambridge||For services to rowing|
|Georgina Emma Buchanan Evers-Swindell||Cambridge||For services to rowing|
|Professor Emeritus Leon Frank Garner||North Shore City||For services to optometry|
|Dr Arthur Henry Hackett||Mount Maunganui||For public services|
|Dr Patricia Harris||Palmerston North||For services to science|
|Associate Professor Jack Hilton Havill||Hamilton||For services to medicine and medical research|
|Dennis Ashley Hills||J.P.||Christchurch||For services to science and industry|
|Raymond Stuart Labone||Wellington||For services to the design industry|
|Professor Diana Rosemary Lennon||Auckland||For services to science and health|
|Gary Patrick Lennon||Christchurch||For services to education, sport and the community|
|Murray John McNae||Porirua||For services to industry development|
|Joseph Patrick Moodabe||Auckland||For services to the film industry and the community|
|Margaret Alison Nielsen||Wellington||For services to music|
|Robin David Marks Owen||J.P.||South Canterbury||For services to local body and community affairs|
|Ioannis John Psathas||Wellington||For services to music|
|John Stewart Robson||Palmerston North||For services to local government and the building industry|
|Thomas Trevor Ryder||J.P.||New Plymouth||For services to education and the community|
|Frederick Martyn Brocas Sanderson||Otaki||For services to literature and the theatre|
|Emeritus Professor Michael John Selby||Hamilton||For services to education|
|Anne Rosemarie Todd-Lambie||Nelson||For services to women|
|Sarah Elizabeth Ulmer||Cambridge||For services to cycling|
|John Douglas Voss||Tauranga||For services to the kiwifruit industry|
|Michael Heseltine Watt||Pulborough, England||For services to the community|
|Walter Glenn Whittaker||Tauranga||For services to the dairy industry|
|Mr Raymond Henry (Sandy) Adsett||J.P.||Hastings||For services to art|
|Mrs Pamela Kay Allen||Auckland||For services to children's literature|
|Mr Ronald Murray Anderson||Ashburton||For services to local government|
|Togimanu Inglis (Tony) Annandale||Suva, Fiji||Superintendent of New Zealand Police For services to the New Zealand Police|
|Mrs Barbara Arnold||Palmerston North||For services to the environment|
|Mr Allan Roy Bean||Christchurch||For services to spinal injuries medicine and rehabilitation|
|Mr Trevor Thomas Bland||A.F.C.||Manukau City||For services to aviation|
|Mr Maurice Patrick Boland||North Shore City||For services to the community|
|Dr David William Brook||Auckland||For services to tertiary education|
|Mr Richard Harold Cathie||Wellington||For services to the arts|
|Mrs Helen Margaret Clarke||Auckland||For services to hockey|
|Mrs Esther Tumama Cowley-Malcolm||Auckland||For services to Pacific Island families|
|Margaret Currie||Ulanbaatar, Mongolia||For services to welfare work in Mongolian prisons|
|Mr Paul Hugh Dibble||Palmerston North||For services to the arts|
|Mr Bevan Docherty||Auckland||For services to sport, especially as a triathlete|
|Mrs Iris Marie Donoghue||Auckland||For services to the environment|
|Mrs Avril Enslow||Christchurch||For services to gymnastics|
|Mr Ben Fouhy||Taumaranui||For services to kayaking|
|Dr Gillian Brooker Greer||Wellington||For services to family planning and literature|
|Mr David Ian Haigh||J.P.||Auckland||For services to the community|
|Mr William John Henderson||Dunedin||For services to cricket and the community|
|Mr Roger John Horrocks||Auckland||For services to the film and television industries|
|Mrs Judith Heather Howat||Wellington||For services to lawn bowls|
|Mr Rodney Edward (Nuki) Johnson||Taupo||For services to boxing|
|Mr Robert James Kerridge||J.P.||Auckland||For services to animal welfare|
|Mr Chris Kirk-Burnnand||Porirua City||For services to the community|
|Mr Donald (Kee Chong) Kwok||J.P.||Hamilton||For services to the Chinese community|
|Mrs Lois Edith Ellen Lawn||Dunedin||For services to speech therapy and the community|
|Ms Jennifer Kay Ludlam||Christchurch||For services to the theatre|
|Mr Peter Raymon Martin||Hamilton||For services to paralympic sport|
|Mrs Helen Wilmot Mason||Central Hawke's Bay||For services to pottery|
|Neville Bradbury Matthews||Washington DC, United States of America||Superintendent of New Zealand Police For services to the New Zealand Police|
|Dr Richard James Meech||Napier||For services to public health|
|Mr Selwyn James Metcalfe||J.P.||South Taranaki||For services to sport and the community|
|Ms Elizabeth Anne (Liz) Mitchell||Auckland||For services to the fashion industry|
|Mr Brendon John Moynihan||Auckland||For public services|
|Mr Reon Edward Murtha||Christchurch||For services to broadcasting|
|Archdeacon Emeritus The Venerable Reginald John Nicholson||Hamilton||For services to the community|
|Mr Oswald John Perry||Kaitaia||For services to the community|
|Mr Maurice Henry Pulman||Hamilton||For services to speedway racing|
|Mr John Frederick Read||J.P.||Martinborough||For services to the community|
|Mr Neil Holmes Reid||Auckland||For services to surf lifesaving|
|Mrs Tracey Leigh Richardson||Napier||For services to persons with Cystic Fibrosis|
|Mr Thomas Frederick Robinson||J.P.||Foxton||For services to local government|
|Mr Francis Donald McKechnie Stevenson (Frankie Stevens)||Upper Hutt||For services to entertainment|
|Ms Judi Ann Strid||Auckland||For services to women's health|
|Mr David Ti Tai||Lower Hutt||For services to the Chinese community|
|Mr Eric Selwyn Tait||Otorohanga||For services to local government|
|Mrs Christina Atoa Tapu||J.P.||Manukau City||For services to the Pacific Island community|
|Mrs Jean Corbin Thomas||J.P.||Palmerston North||For services to the community|
|Mr Te Reowhakakotahi Charles Wall||Taupo||For services to rugby and the community|
|Mr Peter Owen Wyatt||Tauranga||For services to the community|
|Wing Commander Stephen James Goodman||(N91345)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Squadron Leader Michael Glen Graham||(F998481)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Squadron Leader Ian James Mower||(D91014)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Major Paul Edward Napier||(U47490)||Royal New Zealand Armoured Corps|
|Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Bryan Howie||(D46394)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment|
|Group Captain Gavin John Howse||(N87251)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Lieutenant Keri Maree Anderson||(H1009845)||The Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers|
|Major William Thomas Blaikie||(V1010133)||New Zealand Intelligence Corps|
|Acting Warrant Officer Communications Analyst Denise Jones||(S1009003)||Royal New Zealand Navy|
|Staff Sergeant Darrin James Waitere||(F1964710)||The Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers|
|Corporal James Mark Whitworth||(V52965)||The Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers (Territorial Force).|
|Sapper Luke James Wilson||(M1009757)||The Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers|
|Lieutenant Commander Karl Edwin Woodhead||(P26187)||Royal New Zealand Navy|
|Mr James Grenville Geddes||Gore||For Community Service|
|Mrs Matire Glover||Gisborne||For Community Service|
|Mrs Margaret Alexandria Huinga Kaua||J.P.||Gisborne||For Community Service|
|Mr William Stanley Penno||South Canterbury||For Community Service|
|Mrs Ellen Ann Ramsay||Otago||For Community Service|
|Mrs Barbara Stewart||Christchurch||For Community Service|
|Mr Peter Robert Bennett||Trevignano Romano, Italy||For Public Services|
|Mr Alistair David Betts||Canterbury||(Deceased. Her Majesty's approval to this appointment was signified before the date of decease.) For Public Services|
|Mr Gordon Joseph Blake||M.N.Z.M. J.P.||Tirau||For Public Services|
|Mr Neil John Clarke||O.B.E. J.P.||Mount Maunganui||For Public Services|
|Mr Alan John Dick||Napier||For Public Services|
|The Honourable Roger Neville McClay||Wellington||For Public Services|
|Mr Gerald Reginald McGhie||Wellington||For Public Services|
|Mr Gary Vernon Taylor||J.P.||Waitakere City||For Public Services|
|Mrs Hanakalala Ahotaha||Auckland||For Community Service|
|Mrs Zelda Mae Bridgens||North Shore City||For Community Service|
|Mr Brian Ernest Clark||New Plymouth||For Community Service|
|Mrs Lorna Violet Clauson||J.P.||Auckland||For Community Service|
|Mr Neville Thomas Creighton||Auckland||For Community Service|
|Mrs Susan Davison||Auckland||For Community Service|
|Mr Phillip James Denton||Invercargill||For Community Service|
|Mr James Ian Dunsmore||Gisborne||For Community Service|
|Mrs Onawe Joan Finlayson||J.P.||North Shore City||For Community Service|
|Mrs Bethea Eve Frost||Northland||For Community Service|
|Mrs Inna Grbich||Wellington||For Community Service|
|Mr Trevor Wiremu Griffiths||J.P.||Timaru||For Community Service|
|Dr Francis Neil Hayes||Carterton||For Community Service|
|Mrs Gloria Margaret Hunt||Nelson||For Community Service|
|Mrs Parehuia Whaanga Irwin||Hawke's Bay||For Community Service|
|Mr Ian Stanley Jenkins||Morrinsville||For Community Service|
|Dr Ranatunga Ariyadasa Kalupahana||Lower Hutt||For Community Service|
|Mrs Beverley Joy Kay||Te Awamutu||For Community Service|
|Mr Alan Grant Kerr||New Plymouth||For Community Service|
|Mrs Huhana Barbara Kissock||Gisborne||For Community Service|
|Mrs Valda Joy Benner Laurich||Hauraki Plains||For Community Service|
|The Reverend Alan John Leadley||Hamilton||For Community Service|
|Mr Kai-Shek Luey||Auckland||For Community Service|
|Miss Helen Maclean||Wanganui||For Community Service|
|Mrs Elizabeth Ann Malo||Waitakere City||For Community Service|
|Mr Matakite Rangi Malo||Waitakere City||For Community Service|
|Mr John Stuart (Boggy) McDowell||Invercargill||For Community Service|
|Mr Peter Miles||North Canterbury||For Community Service|
|Mr Brian John Mills||Nelson||For Community Service|
|Mr George Edwin Allanby Nikolaison||Masterton||For Community Service|
|Mr Bhukhan Lal Parbhu||J.P.||Wellington||For Community Service|
|Mr John (Lindon) Rayner||Dunedin||For Community Service|
|Mrs Hilda Betty Ashton Rhodes||King, Christchurch||For Community Service|
|Mrs Thelma Joy Ruohonen||Taupo||For Community Service|
|Mr Robert James Scott||Rotorua||For Community Service|
|Mrs Joan Millicent Sherley||Raumati Beach||For Community Service|
|Mrs Adrienne Helen Spark||J.P.||Rangiora||For Community Service|
|Mrs Pani Takawhenua Stirling||Manukau City||For Community Service|
|Mr Te Kepa Takataka-o-Rangi Stirling||Manukau City||For Community Service|
|Mr John William Ward||Palmerston North||For Community Service|
|Mr Bevan Peter Wealleans||J.P.||Reefton||For Community Service|
|Mr Murray William Willis||Great Barrier Island||For Community Service|
|Mrs Kyung Sook Wilson||North Shore City||For Community Service|
|Mr Te Akapikirangi (Aka) Arthur||Porirua City||Public Services|
|Mr Kenneth Victor Catt||Waitakere City||Public Services|
|Mr Roy Herbert Connolly||Nelson||Public Services|
|Mrs Norma Sarah Joan Dobson||Whangarei||Public Services|
|Mr Ian Alexander Edward||Rotorua||Public Services|
|Mr Daryl Raymond Forrest||Balclutha||Senior Firefighter, Balclutha Volunteer Fire Brigade, New Zealand Fire Service|
|Mrs Beverley Rose Harris||J.P.||Waitakere City||Public Services|
|Mr Herbert George Harrison||Timaru||Public Services|
|Mr Raynor Lawrence Henson||Picton||Senior Fighfighter, Picton Volunteer Fire Brigade, New Zealand Fire Service|
|Janet Mary Hope||Orewa||Inspector, New Zealand Police|
|Mr Trevor John Humphrey||Wanganui||Public Services|
|Mr Robert (Bob) Langholm||Auckland||Public Services|
|Mrs Harihari Lizzie Matenga||Whangarei||Public Services|
|Mr Pona Wiremu Matenga||Whangarei||Public Services|
|Mr William (John) McCullough||Central Hawke's Bay||Lately Chief Fire Officer, Waipawa Volunteer Fire Brigade, New Zealand Fire Service|
|Mr Alan John McEnaney||Greymouth||Public Services|
|Mrs Anita Leslie Moore||J.P.||Kawerau||Public Services|
|Murray Grant Edward Morrissey||Auckland||Senior Sergeant, New Zealand Police|
|Annelise Ivy Vani Nygaard||Papakura||Constable, New Zealand Police|
|Mr Michael Joseph O'Connor||Palmerston North||Public Services|
|Mr Charles Leonard Parker||J.P.||Auckland||Public Services|
|Mrs Margaret Peace||Blenheim||Public Services|
|Ms Nancye (Pamela) Reader||Wellington||Public Services|
|Mr William Hukere (Tosh) Ruwhiu||North Canterbury||Public Services|
|Leo Joseph Tooman||Hamilton||Inspector, New Zealand Police|
|Mr Robert Bruce Twaddle||J.P.||Napier||Public Services|
|Mr Edward James Vallely||Wanganui||Public Services|
|Ms Margaret (Helen) Walch||Otaki||Public Services|
|Mr John Murray Ward||Nelson||Rural Fire Mediator, New Zealand Fire Service|
|Mr John Whitty||Wellington||Public Services|
|Mr William Rore Wiki||Manukau City||Public Services|
New Zealand Gallantry Decoration
|Private (now Trooper) Phillip Murray Cheater||(X1003534)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment|
New Zealand Gallantry Medal
|Corporal Gerald Stewart Fenton||(K55577)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment|
New Zealand Bravery Medal
|Sergeant Ngametua Tetava||(C748537)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment|
- "New Year honours list 2005", The Guardian
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20060130194436/http://number-10.gov.uk/files/pdf/QueensListdfjh784575hekjfffffff4435.pdf from http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20060130194436/number-10.gov.uk/output/page6854.asp