2005 in Namibia
- 13 March - The Namibian Air Force was commissioned at Grootfontein Air Force Base.
- 21 March - Hifikepunye Pohamba is inaugurated as the 2nd President of Namibia following Sam Nujoma, who had been President since 1989. The Cabinet and 4th National Assembly were also sworn-in.
- 15 June: Blythe Loutit, conservationist
- November: Armas Johannes, well-known singer.
- 3 November: Mwetupunga Kornelius Shelungu, King (Ohamba) of the Ovakwanyama
- 19 November: Job Kozonguizi, Deputy Prosecutors General and nephew of Fanuel Kozonguizi.
- 28 November: Victor Weyulu, Chairman of the Oukwanyama Traditional Authority.
- 7 December: Otto Schimming, first Black teacher and independence activist.
- 22 December: Markus Kooper, anti-apartheid activist.
- Kwela, musical genius The Namibian, 6 December 2005
- Glorious past recalled at King Shelungu's funeral The Namibian, 10 November 2005
- Job Kozonguizi, a man of the law, friend to all The Namibian, 23 November 2005
- Oukwanyama Chief Victor Weyulu dies The Namibian, 29 November 2005
- Otto Schimming, The Namibian, 8 December 2005
- Markus Kooper: Death of a Hero New Era, 19 December 2005
|This Namibia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This year in Africa article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|