2005 in Singapore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1 January
- 15 January – Singapore and Malaysia settle dispute over land reclamation work.
- 16 January – Singapore national football team wins the 2004 Tiger Cup.
- 18 April – Singapore government approves plan to legalise casino gambling and build two Integrated Resorts.
- 8 July – In the aftermath of the 7 July 2005 London bombings, Transport Minister Yeo Cheow Tong announces plan to set up a new Police MRT Unit to enhance the security of Singapore's public transport.
- 2–9 July – The 117th IOC Session was held in Singapore, the biggest international sporting event to come to Singapore to date.
- 3 July – Badminton: Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia beat Chen Hong of the People's Republic of China (15-9, 15–3) to win the men's singles event in the Aviva Open Singapore 2005.
- 2 May – Wee Kim Wee, former president of Singapore
- 7 December – Devan Nair, former president of Singapore