2006 Champs Sports Bowl
|2006 Champs Sports Bowl|
|Date||December 29, 2006|
|MVP||QB Sam Hollenbach (Maryland)|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers||Brad Nessler (play-by-play); Paul Maguire and Bob Griese (analysts)|
- Maryland - Joey Haynos 4 yard pass from Sam Hollenbach (Dan Ennis kick)
- Maryland - Cory Jackson 1 yard run (Dan Ennis kick)
- Maryland - Darrius Heyward-Bey 46 yard pass from Sam Hollenbach (Dan Ennis kick)
- Purdue - Greg Orton 12 yard pass from Curtis Painter (Chris Summers kick)
- Maryland - Dan Ennis 22 yard field goal
Maryland started the scoring with a 4-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Sam Hollenbach to Joey Haynos, giving Maryland a 7-0 first quarter lead. In the second quarter, running back Cory Jackson scored on a 1-yard touchdown lead, to stretch the lead out to 14-0. With 2:05 left in the first half, Hollenbach connected on a 46-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, increasing Maryland's lead to 21-0.
With only 30 seconds left in the first half, quarterback Curtis Painter threw a touchdown pass to make the half-time score 21-7, Maryland. In the third quarter, Dan Ennis added a 22-yard field goal, which would cap the scoring, and make the final margin 24-7, Maryland. 
Maryland had announced in 2012 that they would join Purdue in the Big Ten, in 2014.