2006 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship qualification
24 teams competed in the 2006 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship, with two places allocated for the hosts, Japan and the titleholder, Italy. In the qualification process for the 2006 FIVB World Championship, the Five FIVB confederations were allocated a share of the 22 remaining spots.
|Team||Confederation||Qualified as||Qualified on||Appearance
|Italy||CEV||2002 World Championship Winner||18 September 2002||8th|
|Egypt||CAVB||CAVB Pool A Winner||19 March 2005||3rd|
|Cameroon||CAVB||CAVB Pool C Winner||24 April 2005||1st|
|Germany||CEV||CEV Pool I Winner||19 June 2005||12th1|
|Serbia and Montenegro||CEV||CEV Pool I Runner-up||19 June 2005||2nd2|
|Azerbaijan||CEV||CEV Pool G Winner||2 July 2005||2nd|
|Russia||CEV||CEV Pool G Runner-up||2 July 2005||14th3|
|Kenya||CAVB||CAVB Pool B Winner||24 July 2005||4th|
|South Korea||AVC||AVC Pool B Winner||4 August 2005||10th|
|Kazakhstan||AVC||AVC Pool B Runner-up||4 August 2005||1st|
|China||AVC||AVC Pool A Winner||6 August 2005||11th|
|Chinese Taipei||AVC||AVC Pool A Runner-up||6 August 2005||2nd|
|Netherlands||CEV||CEV Pool H Winner||6 August 2005||11th|
|Turkey||CEV||CEV Pool H Runner-up||6 August 2005||1st|
|United States||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool D Winner||18 August 2005||13th|
|Puerto Rico||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool D Runner-up||18 August 2005||4th|
|Mexico||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool D Third||19 August 2005||6th|
|Poland||CEV||CEV Playoff round Winner||21 August 2005||9th|
|Dominican Republic||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool E Runner-up||26 August 2005||5th|
|Cuba||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool E Winner||27 August 2005||10th|
|Costa Rica||NORCECA||NORCECA Pool E Third||28 August 2005||1st|
|Brazil||CSV||CSV Pool A Winner||28 August 2005||13th|
|Peru||CSV||CSV Pool A Runner-up||28 August 2005||11th|
- 1.^ Competed as West Germany from 1956 to 1990; 4th appearance as Germany.
- 2.^ Competed as Yugoslavia from 1978 to 1990; 1st appearance as Serbia and Montenegro.
- 3.^ Competed as Soviet Union from 1952 to 1990; 4th appearance as Russia.
Confederation qualification processes
The distribution by confederation for the 2006 FIVB Women's Volleyball World Championship was:
- Asia and Oceania (AVC): 4 places (+ Japan qualified automatically as host nation for a total of 5 places)
- Africa (CAVB): 3 places
- Europe (CEV): 7 places (+ Italy qualified automatically as the defending champions for a total of 8 places)
- South America (CSV) 2 places
- North, Central America and Caribbean (NORCECA): 6 places
- "Results of the Drawing of Lots for the 2006 FIVB Women's World Championships" (PDF). FIVB. Retrieved 1 December 2012.