2006 Hamburg Sea Devils season
|2006 Hamburg Sea Devils season|
|Head coach||Jack Bicknell|
|General manager||Kathrin Platz|
|Home field||AOL Arena|
|Playoff finish||did not qualify|
The 2006 Hamburg Sea Devils season was the second season for the franchise in the NFL Europe League (NFLEL). The team was led by head coach Jack Bicknell in his second year, and played its home games at AOL Arena in Hamburg, Germany. They finished the regular season in fifth place with a record of three wins, six losses and one tie.
Free agent draft
|Draft order||Player name||Position||College|
|6||33||Ivory McCoy||DE||Michigan State|
|10||56||Kevin Lewis||DT||Virginia Tech|
|2006 Hamburg Sea Devils staff|
Special teams coaches
Strength and conditioning
|2006 Hamburg Sea Devils roster|
|Week||Date||Kickoff [n 1]||Opponent||Results||Game site||Attendance|
|Final score||Team record|
|1||Saturday, March 18||6:00 p.m.||Cologne Centurions||L 10–14||0–1–0||AOL Arena||15,243|
|2||Saturday, March 25||7:00 p.m.||at Frankfurt Galaxy||L 14–31||0–2–0||Commerzbank-Arena||26,713|
|3||Saturday, April 1||6:00 p.m.||Berlin Thunder||T 17–17 OT||0–2–1||AOL Arena||15,837|
|4||Saturday, April 8||7:00 p.m.||at Rhein Fire||L 21–31||0–3–1||LTU arena||18,224|
|5||Saturday, April 15||6:00 p.m.||Frankfurt Galaxy||L 13–17||0–4–1||AOL Arena||12,281|
|6||Sunday, April 23||4:00 p.m.||at Cologne Centurions||L 17–20||0–5–1||RheinEnergieStadion||9,238|
|7||Saturday, April 29||6:00 p.m.||Amsterdam Admirals||L 17–18||0–6–1||AOL Arena||15,224|
|8||Sunday, May 7||4:00 p.m.||at Berlin Thunder||W 38–14||1–6–1||Olympic Stadium||16,762|
|9||Sunday, May 14||4:00 p.m.||Rhein Fire||W 13–10||2–6–1||AOL Arena||16,823|
|10||Saturday, May 20||7:00 p.m.||at Amsterdam Admirals||W 34–21||3–6–1||Amsterdam ArenA||15,937|
|NFL Europe League|
|Hamburg Sea Devils||3||6||1||.350||194||193||1–3–1||2–3–0||W3|
Week 1: vs Cologne Centurions
Week 2: at Frankfurt Galaxy
Week 3: vs Berlin Thunder
Week 4: at Rhein Fire
Week 9: vs Rhein Fire
at AOL Arena, Hamburg, Germany
- Date: Sunday, May 14
- Game time: 4:05 p.m. CEST
- Game weather: 59 °F (15.0 °C), partly cloudy
- Game attendance: 16,823
- Referee: Alberto Riveron
After the completion of the regular season, the All-NFL Europe League team was selected by the NFLEL coaching staffs, members of a media panel and fans voting online at NFLEurope.com. Overall, Hamburg had three players selected. The selections were:
- NFL Europe League (January 27, 2006). "Familiar faces return in NFLEL free agent draft" (Press release). Archived from the original on June 4, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- NFL Europe League (March 13, 2006). "World Bowl rematch kicks off 14th season" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (March 21, 2006). "Week one winners clash in Berlin" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (March 28, 2006). "Race looks to be crowded" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (April 4, 2006). "Pace-setting Fire host Sea Devils" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (April 11, 2006). "Top two in fight for first as season reaches halfway mark" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (April 18, 2006). "League leaders meet for second week in a row" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (April 25, 2006). "League-leading Admirals aim to maintain World Bowl charge" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (May 2, 2006). "Admirals within touching distance of World Bowl" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (May 9, 2006). "Winner takes all in Admirals-Galaxy clash" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- NFL Europe League (May 16, 2006). "Admirals clinch World Bowl berth" (Press release). Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "2006 NFLE Standings". The Football Database. Retrieved June 28, 2011.
- NFL Europe League (May 25, 2006). "NFLEL names All-League team, MVPs" (Press release). Archived from the original on June 26, 2006. Retrieved June 26, 2013.