2006 Polaris Music Prize
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The prize's list of 10 finalist albums, chosen from an initial list of 165 nominees, was announced on July 4.
- Final Fantasy, He Poos Clouds
- Broken Social Scene, Broken Social Scene
- Cadence Weapon, Breaking Kayfabe
- The Deadly Snakes, Porcella
- Sarah Harmer, I'm a Mountain
- K'naan, The Dusty Foot Philosopher
- Malajube, Trompe-l'oeil
- Metric, Live It Out
- The New Pornographers, Twin Cinema
- Wolf Parade, Apologies to the Queen Mary
|2006 Polaris Music Prize|
|Compilation album by Various artists|
|Various artists chronology|
A compilation album featuring tracks from the ten nominated albums was also released.
- Broken Social Scene, "Fire Eye'd Boy"
- Cadence Weapon, "Black Hand"
- The Deadly Snakes, "Gore Veil"
- Final Fantasy, "This Lamb Sells Condos"
- Sarah Harmer, "Goin' Out"
- K'naan, "Soobax"
- Malajube, "Pâte filo"
- Metric, "The Police and the Private"
- The New Pornographers, "Sing Me Spanish Techno"
- Wolf Parade, "Shine a Light"
- "Canadian music gets a $20,000 boost". Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario: SooToday.com. 2006-07-07. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Final Fantasy grabs Polaris Music Prize". CBC News. 2006-09-19. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Final Fantasy Wins Canadian Prize". Spin. 2006-09-19. Retrieved 2010-11-21.
- "Indie favourites among finalists for Polaris Music Prize". CBC News. 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2010-11-21.