2007 All-Africa Games
|Host city||Algiers, Algeria|
|Opening ceremony||11 July 2007|
|Closing ceremony||23 July 2007|
|Officially opened by||Abdelaziz Bouteflika|
|Main venue||Stade 5 Juillet 1962|
The 9th All-Africa Games took place between 11 and 23 July 2007 in Algiers, the capital city of Algeria. Algiers is the first city to hold All-Africa Games for a second time. The 1978 All-Africa Games were held there. Besides Algeria, only Nigeria has hosted the event twice, but with different host cities. 4793 athletes took part to these games.
The following 24 sports were competed:
Paralympic sports: Athletics, Basketball and Goalball
Three disciplines, Baseball, Softball and Field Hockey were dropped by the hosts, since these sports are hardly played in Algeria and consequently lack suitable facilities. The hockey competition would have doubled as qualifier for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, thus African Hockey Federation organised a separate olympic qualifying tournament in Nairobi, Kenya, held simultaneously with the All-Africa Games.
|32||São Tomé and Príncipe||0||1||0||1|
|36||Central African Republic||0||0||1||1|
- "9th All Africa Games, Algiers, 11 – 23 July 2007" (PDF). Wada-main.
- Vanguard, 16 December 2006: Africa Games pushed a week back *Hockey, baseball, softball fail to get back in
- Ghana Hockey Association, 20 April 2007: 2007 All Africa Games - Hockey to be Played Simultaneously in Nairobi
- Mail & Guardian, 9 July 2007: Algeria ready for All Africa Games
- http://www.coja2007.dz[dead link](in French)
- http://alger2007.acnoa.info/[dead link](French/English)
- Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA)[dead link]
- Competition schedule (French)
- General programme (French)