2007 Atlantic Championship season
|2007 Champ Car Atlantic season|
|Cooper Tires Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda|
|Start date||April 8|
|End date||August 12|
|Drivers' champion||Raphael Matos|
The 2007 Champ Car Atlantic Season was the thirty-third Champ Car Atlantic season, its sixth season as the prime feeder series for the Champ Car World Series. It began on April 8, 2007 and ended on August 12 after 12 races. The Cooper Tires Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda Drivers' Champion was Raphael Matos driving for Sierra Sierra Enterprises.
Drivers and teams
The Denver Grand Prix has been cancelled by Champ Car as of February 1
Full Series results
Point scoring system:
- 1st – 20th = 31–27–25–23–21–19–17–15–13–11–10–9–8–7–6–5–4–3–2–1
- 1 for fastest race lap
- 1 for fastest Friday qualifying lap
- 1 for fastest Saturday qualifying lap
- 1 for most positions gained from starting position
The most points a single driver can earn in a single race is 34.
- "Vegas Grand Prix opens 2007 Champ Car season". reviewjournal.com. August 1, 2006. Retrieved September 2, 2006.
- "Sponsor boost for Toronto, Houston". crash.net. March 13, 2007. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved March 13, 2007.
- "Cleveland 2007 date announced". motorsport.com. August 24, 2006. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Champ Car set to add Quebec pit stop". globeandmail.com. September 25, 2006. Retrieved September 26, 2006.
- "2007 Champ Car Schedule Coming – China, Europe to be Added?". paddocktalk.com. September 17, 2006. Retrieved September 17, 2006.
2006 Champ Car Atlantic season
|2007 Champ Car Atlantic season||Succeeded by
2008 Atlantic Championship season