2007 Australian Carrera Cup Championship
|2007 Australian Carrera Cup Championship|
The 2007 Australian Carrera Cup Championship was a CAMS sanctioned national motor racing championship  open to Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Cars (Type 997). It was administered by CupCar Australia Pty Ltd and promoted as the 2007 Carrera Cup Australia, and is recognised by CAMS as the fifth Australian Carrera Cup Championship.
The championship was contested over an eight round series with three races per round.
- Round 1, Adelaide Parklands, South Australia, 4 March
- Round 2, Winton Motor Raceway, Victoria, 20 May
- Round 3, Hidden Valley Raceway, Northern Territory, 24 June
- Round 4, Queensland Raceway, Queensland, 22 July
- Round 5, Oran Park Raceway, New South Wales, 19 August
- Round 6, Sandown Raceway, Victoria, 16 September
- Round 7, Mount Panorama Circuit, New South Wales, 7 October
- Round 8, Surfers Paradise Street Circuit, Queensland, 21 October
Championship points were awarded on a 60-54-48-42-36-30-27-24-21-18-15-12-9-6-6-3-3-3-3-3 basis for the first twenty places in each race with one point awarded for places 21st through to last.
Race 1 of Round 5 at Oran Park was called early (after 10 of the scheduled 16 laps) due to TV commitments and as a result only half points were awarded.
- CAMS Bulletin B07/003 of 1 January 2007 Retrieved on 2 July 2011
- Technical Regulations for the 2007 Australian Carrera Cup Championship Retrieved on 2 July 2011
- Carrera Cup Australia 2007 Sporting Regulations
- CAMS Online Manual of Motor Sport > About CAMS > Titles - Australian Titles Retrieved on 2 July 2011
- A Close Cup Thing, The Annual - Australian Motorsport - Number 3 / 2007, pages 64-70
- 2007 Points from www.cupcar.com.au Retrieved via web.archive.org on 2 July 2011
- 2007 Race Result Archive at www.natsoft.biz Retrieved on 2 July 2011
- Wet & Miserable Oran Park Retrieved from www.fitz-racing.com.au on 2 July 2011