2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for events. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Awards was the second last running of the American Booksellers Association annual Book Sense Book of the Year Awards. The award was created in 2000, when the American Bookseller Book Of The Year award, that ran from 1991 to 2000, was renamed. The books that were awarded were chosen by book stores that participated in the American Booksellers Association's Book Sense program. Books published in 2006 were eligible for the award and voting took place from 30 January to 1 March 2007. The book with the most votes in each category would be the winning book and the next 4 would be 'books of honor' in the category. The winners were announced on 29 March 2007 and winning authors were invited to a luncheon at the New York Marriott International hotel. In 2008, Book Sense was renamed IndieBound and the award was renamed the Indies Choice Book Awards.
Adult Fiction Winner
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Adult Fiction Honor Books
- The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
- The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Suite Francaise by Irène Némirovsky
Adult Nonfiction Winner
- I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron
Adult Nonfiction Honor Books
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson
- Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
- The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan
Children's Literature Winner
Children's Literature Honor Books
- The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation, Volume One: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make a Difference! by Lynne Truss and illustrated by Bonnie Timmons
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Peter and the Shadow Thieves by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Children's Illustrated Winner
- Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship by Paul Kahumbu, Isabella Hatkoff and Dr. Paul Kahumbu and photos by Peter Greste
Children's Illustrated Honor Books
- Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor and illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
- Flotsam by David Wiesner
- Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen and illustrated by Kevin Hawkes
- Pirateology: A Pirate Hunter's Companion by Captain William Lubber and edited by Dugald A. Steer
- "Book Sense Book of the Year Award Winners". Goodreads. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Voting Underway American Booksellers Association". www.bookweb.org. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "2007 Book Sense Book of the Year Award Winners Announced | American Booksellers Association". www.bookweb.org. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Book Sense Book of the Year Award". Readers Read. Retrieved 10 January 2016.