2007 East West Bank Classic
|2007 East West Bank Classic|
|Category||Tier II Series|
|Draw||56S / 16D|
|Surface||Hard / outdoor|
|Location||Carson, CA, U.S.|
|Venue||Home Depot Center|
|Květa Peschke / Rennae Stubbs|
The 2007 East West Bank Classic was a women's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 34th edition of the East West Bank Classic, and was part of the Tier II Series of the 2007 WTA Tour. It took place at the Home Depot Center in Carson, near Los Angeles, California, United States, from August 6 through August 12, 2007.
The singles field featured WTA No. 2, Australian Open runner-up and recent San Diego titlist Maria Sharapova, Charleston and Rome champion Jelena Janković, and French Open finalist and Berlin winner Ana Ivanovic. Also present were Paris titlist Nadia Petrova, Indian Wells champion Daniela Hantuchová, Marion Bartoli, Martina Hingis and Dinara Safina.
Third-seeded and wild card entry Ana Ivanovic won the singles title, defeating Nadia Petrova in the final, and earned $88,260 first-prize money. En route, she saved two match points in the semifinal against compatriot Jelena Janković; the first set she lost in that match was the only one she lost in the entire championships.
- It was Ana Ivanovic's 2nd singles title of the year, and the 4th of her career.
- "Inspired Ivanovic triumphs in LA". Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). August 13, 2007.
- "Update 1-Tennis-Ivanovic overpowers Petrova to claim LA title". Reuters. August 13, 2007.
- "Ivanovic claims Carson crown". UPI. August 13, 2007.
- "Ivanovic sees off Jankovic to reach LA final". Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). August 12, 2007.