2007 Next Generation Adelaide International
|2007 Next Generation Adelaide International|
|Date(s)||1 – 7 January|
|Category||ATP International Series|
|Draw||24S (RR) / 16D / 16Q|
|Prize money||USD $436,000|
|Surface||Hard (Rebound Ace)|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia|
|Wesley Moodie / Todd Perry|
The 2007 Next Generation Adelaide International was a professional tennis event on the 2007 ATP Tour in Adelaide, Australia, held from 1 to 7 January. Novak Djokovic won the title, an ATP International Series level tournament.
This was the first tournament of the season (alongside Viña del Mar, Delray Beach, Buenos Aires and Las Vegas) that implemented a 24-player Round Robin tournament for the singles competition, as part of the round-robin trials proposed during this season.
Singles main draw entrants
- Rankings are as of December 25, 2006.
The following players received wildcards into the main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
The following player received entry as a lucky loser:
- During the tournament
Doubles main draw entrants
|ISR||Jonathan Erlich||ISR||Andy Ram||26||1|
|CZE||Lukáš Dlouhý||CZE||Pavel Vízner||35||2|
|SWE||Simon Aspelin||RSA||Chris Haggard||50||3|
|AUS||Ashley Fisher||USA||Tripp Phillips||57||4|
- 1 Rankings are as of December 25, 2006.
The following pairs received wildcards into the main draw:
- Jan Hájek (dizziness)
- It was Djokovic's 1st title of the year and the 3rd of his career.
- It was 1st title of the year and the 2nd of his career for Moodie; 1st title of the year and the 5th of his career for Perry.
- Both players have won their 1st of a total of 2 titles as a team, with the other one being Valencia at the same year.