2007 Victory Bowl
|2007 Victory Bowl|
|Date||November 17, 2007|
|Location||Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania|
|MVP||Offensive: Dan Hromada (Malone)
Defensive: Bernard Payton (Malone)
The 2007 Victory Bowl was a college football bowl game. It was a part of the 2007 football season and was played at Reeves Field in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. The game placed the Malone Pioneers against the Geneva College Golden Tornadoes.
Malone won the game by a score of 45 to 17. A strong showing in the second quarter of 31 points by the Pioneers helped to secure the win and was assisted by four turnovers. The game was the second bowl appearance for both the Pioneers and Malone coach Mike Gardner, as well as the first bowl game victory for both.
Malone produced 521 yards of total offense while holding Geneva to 293. Malone managed six touchdowns in the game (three rushing and three passing) and scored a total of 31 points in the second quarter alone. Malone's defense brought in two interceptions and recovered three fumbles.
- Canton Repository "Malone assured of another game" November 8, 2007
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Sports "Geneva 13, Grove City 12"
- Geneva College "Are You Ready?" 2008 Golden Tornadoes football guide
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Sports "Victory Bowl" November 18, 2007
- Canton Repository "AREA COLLEGE FOOTBALL: MALONE 45, GENEVA 17" November 18, 2007
- The National Christian College Athletic Association 2007 Victory Bowl
- "Malone College at Geneva". DakTronics 3000. Daktronics, Inc. November 17, 2007. Retrieved February 25, 2012.