2007 Voyageurs Cup
|2007 Coupe des Voyageurs (in French)|
|Champions||Montreal Impact (6th title)|
|Runners-up||Vancouver Whitecaps FC|
|Goals scored||2 (1 per match)|
|Attendance||17,248 (8,624 per match)|
|Top goal scorer(s)||Patrick Leduc |
(1 goal each)
(competition succeeded by the Nutrilite Canadian Championship) →
The 2007 Voyageurs Cup was the sixth edition of the Voyageurs Cup tournament started by the Canadian supporters group The Voyageurs and the final edition that would take place under its format prior to the Cup's absorption into the new cup competition, the Canadian Championship, organized by the CSA the following season. For the 2007 Edition of the tournament only two teams featured, the Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps. During the previous season, the Toronto Lynx had announced that they were voluntarily relegating themselves two levels, to the USL Premier Development League, likely due to their low attendance (the lowest in the USL 1st Division at that time) and the fact that Major League Soccer expansion franchise Toronto FC would be arriving to the city the next season.
The 2007 Voyageurs Cup was won by Montreal Impact who tallied a win and a draw across two match dates in the 2007 USL season. The cup was decided in a win by a 2-0 win by Montreal Impact the second and final meeting on August 18, 2007.
The 2007 USL First Division was not a balanced home and away competition where each team played the others an equal number of times; however, owing to a schedule which favoured regional taking priority to alleviate travel, the two sides only played each other twice (home and away). In each match, 3 points were awarded for wins (even had it come in extra time), 1 point was awarded for a draw, and 0 points were awarded for losses (even had it come in extra time). The two teams were ranked according to the total number of points obtained in all matches. The team with the most points would be crowned the champion, and awarded the Voyageurs Cup.
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC||2||0||1||1||0||2||-2||1|
|Montreal Impact||0–0||Vancouver Whitecaps FC|
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC||0–2||Montreal Impact|
|Report||Patrick Leduc 45'
Matthew Palleschi 90'
6th Voyageurs Cup Win
|1||Patrick Leduc||Montreal Impact||1|
|Matthew Palleschi||Montreal Impact||1|
- Bin, Matthew. "Voyageurs Cup Announced For A-League Teams". canadasoccer.com. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Daniel Squizzato (August 11, 2015). "Canadian Championship: The amazing story behind the fan-created trophy awarded to Canada's best". MLSSoccer.com. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- Davidson, Neil (October 12, 2006). "Toronto Lynx a costly labour of love". Globe and Mail. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- United Soccer Leagues (USL) Archived August 16, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Montreal Impact 0 - 2". Soccerway.com. August 18, 2007. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "VOYAGEURS CUP". voyageurscup.ca. Archived from the original on 6 December 2006. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "Voyageurs Cup 2006 Goalscorers". Retrieved Jan 10, 2019.