2007 World Darts Trophy
|World Darts Trophy|
|Dates||31 August 2007 – 9 December 2007|
|Organisation(s)||BDO / WDF / PDC|
Final – Best of 13 Sets
The 2007 Bullit World Darts Trophy was the sixth and last edition of the World Darts Trophy, a professional darts tournament held at the De Vechtsebanen in Utrecht, the Netherlands, run by the British Darts Organisation and the World Darts Federation.
It had a playing format comparable with both World Championships (BDO and PDC) and features the majority of top ranked players from both organisations. The event featured the top 12 ranked players from the PDC and BDO, seven world champions (including both incumbents) and 23 world title winners – making it possibly the strongest field assembled since the split in 1992/93.
Raymond van Barneveld, the PDC World Champion, was beaten in the first round by fellow countryman Jelle Klaasen. The BDO World Champion Martin Adams fell at the quarter-final stage to Andy Hamilton. The final featured Gary Anderson against Phil Taylor. Taylor wasn't able to successfully defend his title despite hitting 17 maximum 180s in the final. Both players averaged over 100 in an excellent final – played over the same 13 set format as the BDO & PDC World Finals. Anderson captured his second major title – adding to his International Darts League success back in May.
- 2007 prize money
- Winner €45,000
- Runner-up €22,500
- Semi finalists €11,250
- Quarter finalists €6,000
- Last 16 €3,000
- First round losers €2,000
- Nine dart finish: Alfa Romeo Brera 2.4 JTDM 20V worth €50,000 (not won)
- Highest check-out €1,000
- Total €221,000
The players in bold automatically qualify for the main stage and are seeded. The players in regular text automatically qualify for the main round but are not seed. The players in italics must go through the qualifiers:
BDO / WDF
World Darts Trophy Merit Table
9 to 12 on WDT Merit Table can be told based on rest of the automatic qualifiers.
Likely BDO / WDF qualifiers or wildcards
Professional Darts Corporation
PDC Order of Merit
The top 12 players from the PDC Order of Merit and the top 12 BDO / WDF Players from the World Darts Trophy Merit Table automatically qualified for the event. Following controversy (see IDL 2007) regarding the number of players promised an invitation, a qualifying competition was held to fill the other eight places in the first round. Seven PDC players progressed to the first round including Dutchmen Michael van Gerwen, Jelle Klaasen and Vincent van der Voort. The other four PDC players were Denis Ovens, Kevin Painter, Mervyn King and Wayne Atwood. The only BDO player who made it through was Shaun Greatbatch.
First preliminary round (Best of 5 sets)
Second preliminary round (Best of 5 sets)
The tournament was broadcast by SBS6 in the Netherlands, but was not shown in the UK. An internet feed from SBS was available - however this may be restricted to the Netherlands only due to contractual restrictions.
- "2007 World Darts Trophy Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy PDPA Qualifier". PDC. 20 June 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy PDPA Qualifier Draw". PDC. 13 July 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy Preliminary Round". PDC. 31 August 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Saturday Reports". PDC. 1 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Sunday Results". PDC. 2 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Monday Results". PDC. 3 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Tuesday Reports". PDC. 4 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Wednesday Reports". PDC. 6 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Thursday Reports". PDC. 6 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Friday Reports". PDC. 7 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "World Darts Trophy - Friday Reports". PDC. 8 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Brilliant Anderson Wins WDT". PDC. 9 September 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- SBS6 internet feed