2007 in Portugal
|See also:||List of years in Portugal|
The year 2007 in Portugal.
- May 3: Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in Praia da Luz, Algarve.
- May 29: Prime Minister José Sócrates visits Russia.
- May 30: General strike.
- July 1: Beginning of the Portuguese presidency of the European Union.
- July 4: The 1st EU-Brazil summit takes place in Lisbon.
- July 15: Local elections in Lisbon. António Costa is elected mayor.
- September 28: Luís Filipe Menezes wins the elections in PSD and become the leader of the main opposition party.
- October 25: Visit of the President of Russia Vladimir Putin to Portugal.
- October 26: EU-Russia summit in Mafra.
- November 5: A road accident on Auto-estrada A23, in the municipality of Vila Velha de Ródão, killed 15 people and injured 22.
Arts & literature
- October 25: Premiere of A Outra Margem.
- May 20: F.C. Porto wins the football championship.
- May 26: Ovarense wins the basketball championship.
- May 27: Sporting C.P. wins the football cup final against C.F. Os Belenenses.
- January 19: Fiama Hasse Pais Brandão
- January 23: A. H. de Oliveira Marques
- March 1: Manuel Bento
- March 26: João Soares Louro (pt)
- May 21: Alberto Vilaça 
- July 4: Henrique Viana
- July 15: Alberto Romão Dias
- August 25: Eduardo Prado Coelho
- August 27: Alberto de Lacerda
- October 9: Fausto Correia
- Portugal faces 'general strike', BBC News, 30 May 2007.
- Berardo Museum website
- Disputes loom at EU-Russia talks BBC News, 26 October 2007.
- EU-Russia Summit - Mafra, 26 October 2007
- Acidente na A23: Número de mortos sobe para 15 Jornalismo Porto Net, 6 November 2007. Accessed 6 November 2007. (in Portuguese)
- Morreu o advogado antifascista Alberto Vilaça, Público, 21 May 2007. (in Portuguese)