2008 12 Hours of Sebring
The 2008 Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring presented by Fresh from Florida was the 56th running of this event and the opening round of the 2008 American Le Mans Series season. It took place at Sebring International Raceway, Florida on March 15, 2008. Porsche was able to defeat Audi, marking the first loss for Audi at Sebring since 1999, while Porsche marks its first overall win at Sebring since 1988, the 20th anniversary since its last win.
The Porsche's win was also the first time in 14 years that the non-premier class of the race won the 12 Hours of Sebring overall, and the third time in history; it was also the first time an LMP2 car won the 12 Hours of Sebring since the race has become a part of the ALMS. The last time that the non-premier class won overall in Sebring was 1994, when Clayton Cunningham Racing, participating in the 1994 IMSA GT Championship season as a GTS-class entry, defeated the flagship World Sports Cars in a Nissan 300ZX.
Class winners in bold. Cars failing to complete 70% of winner's distance marked as Not Classified (NC).
† - #15 Fernández Racing was disqualified from the race results after the car failed post-race inspection. The car's airbox was found to have been broken, allowing an excess of air into the engine.
- Pole Position - #1 Audi Sport North America - 1:43.195
- Fastest Lap - #07 Peugeot Sport Total - 1:44.536
- "ALMS Final Revised Race Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 16 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- "Lowe's Fernandez Racing excluded from Sebring 12H". Planet Le Mans. 16 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- "ALMS Final Grid" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 15 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
|American Le Mans Series|
|2008 season||Next race:
2008 Sports Car Challenge of St. Petersburg