2008 Birthday Honours
The Queen's Birthday Honours 2008 were appointments by some of the 16 Commonwealth realms to various orders and honours to recognise and reward good works by citizens of those countries. The Birthday Honours are awarded as part of the Queen's Official Birthday celebrations during the month of June.
The Queen's Birthday Honours were announced on 14 June 2008 in The United Kingdom, 9 June 2008 in Australia, on 2 June 2008 in New Zealand, and on 14 June 2008 in Barbados, The Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Saint Lucia, and Belize,
The recipients of honours are displayed as they were styled before their new honour and arranged by the country (in order of precedence) whose ministers advised The Queen on the appointments, then by honour with grades i.e. Knight/Dame Grand Cross, Knight/Dame Commander etc. and then divisions i.e. Civil, Diplomatic and Military as appropriate.
- 1 United Kingdom
- 1.1 Knights Bachelor
- 1.2 Order of the Bath
- 1.3 Order of Saint Michael and Saint George
- 1.4 Royal Victorian Order
- 1.5 Royal Victorian Medal
- 1.6 Order of the Companions of Honour
- 1.7 Order of the British Empire
- 2 Australia
- 3 New Zealand
- 3.1 Order of New Zealand (ONZ)
- 3.2 New Zealand Order of Merit
- 3.3 The Queen's Service Order (QSO)
- 3.4 The Queen's Service Medal (QSM)
- 3.5 Distinguished Service Decoration (DSD)
- 4 References
- 5 External links
||This article is incomplete. (August 2013)|
- Dr. James Anderson, CBE. For public and voluntary service.
- William Atkinson, Headteacher, Phoenix High School, Hammersmith and Fulham, London. For services to Education and to Community Relations.
- Trevor Lloyd Baker, Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust. For services to clown entertainment in the West Midlands
- Rt. Hon. Alan Beith, MP, Member of Parliament for Berwick-upon-Tweed. For services to Parliament.
- Professor Drummond Bone, F.R.S.E., Vice-Chancellor, University of Liverpool. For services to Higher Education and to Regeneration in the North West.
- Professor Christopher Richard Watkin Edwards. For services to Higher Education, Medical Science and to Regeneration in the North East.
- Mark Philip Elder CBE, Conductor and Music Director, The Hallé Orchestra. For services to Music.
- Leonard Raymond Fenwick, C.B.E., Chief Executive, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. For services to Healthcare and to the community in Tyne and Wear.
- Dr. Philip John Hunter, C.B.E., Chief Schools Adjudicator. For services to Education.
- Moir Lockhead OBE, Chief Executive, FirstGroup. For services to Transport.
- Professor Andrew James McMichael, F.R.S., Professor of Molecular Medicine and Director, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford. For services to Medical Science.
- William Moorcroft, Principal, Trafford College. For services to local and national Further Education.
- William Desmond Sargent, C.B.E., Executive Chair, Better Regulation Executive, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform. For services to Business.
- Michael John Snyder. For services to Business and to the City of London Corporation.
- Paul Robert Stephenson QPM, Deputy Commissioner, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to the Police.
- Professor Anthony John Newman Taylor, C.B.E., lately Chair, Industrial Injuries Advisory Council. For public service.
- Peter Viggers, MP, Member of Parliament for Gosport. For services to Parliament.
- Professor Nicholas John Wald. Professor of Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary, University of London. For services to Preventive Medicine.
- Diplomatic and Overseas List
- Dr. Richard J. Roberts. For services to molecular biology and UK science, USA.
Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (G.C.B.)
- Military Division
- Royal Navy
- Admiral Sir Jonathon Band, K.C.B., A.D.C.
- Royal Air Force
- Air Chief Marshal Sir Glenn Lester Torpy, K.C.B., C.B.E., D.S.O., A.D.C.
Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.)
- Military Division
- Lieutenant General Nick Houghton, C.B.E.
Dames Commander of the Order of the Bath (D.C.B.)
- Helen Frances Ghosh, Permanent Secretary, Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Companions of the Order of the Bath (C.B.)
- Military Division
- Royal Navy
- Rear Admiral Richard Jeffery Ibbotson, D.S.C.
- Rear Admiral Paul Lambert
- Major General Gary Robert Coward, O.B.E.
- Major General Gerald Cavendish Grosvenor, The Duke of Westminster, K.G., O.B.E., T.D., D.L.
- Royal Air Force
- Air Vice Marshal Steven Chisnall
- Civil Division
- Timothy John Burr, Comptroller and Auditor-General, National Audit Office.
- Louise Casey. For public service.
- Jeremy Carl Groombridge, Director of Transformation and Product Management, Jobcentre Plus. For public and voluntary service.
- Lin Homer, Chief Executive, Border and Immigration Agency. For public and voluntary service.
- William Roy Junkin, Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions for Northern Ireland.
- Stephen Quinn, Permanent Secretary, Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment, Northern Ireland Executive.
Knights Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George (G.C.M.G.)
- Diplomatic Division
Knights Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (K.C.M.G.)
- Diplomatic Division
- Geoffrey Doyne Adams, C.M.G., H.M. Ambassador, Iran.
- Nigel Kim Darroch, C.M.G., UK Permanent Representative, Brussels
Companions of the Order of St Michael and St George (C.M.G.)
- Civil Division
- Diplomatic Division
- Michael David Apted. For services to the British film and television industries, USA.
- Nigel Conrad Chapman, Director of the BBC World Service and Chair of the BBC World Service Trust. For services to international broadcasting.
- Michael James Crawford, Counsellor, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Karen Elizabeth, Mrs. Pierce, UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations, New York.
- Mark Sedwill, lately Director, UKVisas, Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Home Office.
- David Arthur Slinn, O.B.E., lately Head, Provincial Reconstruction Team, Helmand, Afghanistan.
- Anthony Donald Raymond Smith, Director, European Political Affairs, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Nicholas Simon Syrett, Counsellor, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Dames Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (D.C.V.O.)
Knights Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (K.C.V.O.)
- Hugo Laurence Joseph Brunner, J.P., Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire.
- Charles Michael Henderson, The Lord Faringdon, Lord in Waiting to The Queen.
- Commodore Robert Cameron Hastie, C.B.E., R.D., J.P., formerly Lord-Lieutenant of West Glamorgan.
Commanders of the Royal Victorian Order (C.V.O.)
- Nicolas Clark Adamson, L.V.O., O.B.E., Private Secretary to The Duke of Kent.
- Robin Orr Blair, L.V.O., formerly Lord Lyon King of Arms and Secretary of the Order of the Thistle.
- William Edward Chapman, formerly Prime Minister's Secretary for Appointments.
- Robert George Clinton, formerly Senior Partner, Farrer & Co LLP.
- Professor John Cunningham, Head of the Medical Household and Physician to The Queen.
- Brigadier Donald Graeme Hardie, T.D., J.P., formerly Lord Lieutenant of Dunbartonshire.
- Miss Diane Elizabeth Morcom, formerly Secretary of the Cabinet and Clerk of the Executive Council in New Zealand.
- Miss Rachel Anne Wells, L.V.O., Assistant Secretary, Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood.
Lieutenants of the Royal Victorian Order (L.V.O.)
- Nigel Joseph Arch, Director, Kensington Palace, Historic Royal Palaces.
- Allan Bridgewater, C.B.E. For services to The Duke of Edinburgh's Commonwealth Study Conferences.
- Miss Pamela Margaret Clark, M.V.O., Registrar, Royal Archives.
- Veronica Anne (Polly), Mrs. Courtice, Co-Director and Chief Executive, The Prince of Wales's Business in the Environment Programme.
- Philip Brian Everett, Deputy Ranger, Windsor Great Park Crown Estate.
- Miss Angela Christine Mary Heylin (Mrs. Minzly), O.B.E., Formerly Trustee, Historic Royal Palaces.
- Nicholas Altham Kidd, Training Captain/Aircraft Captain, The Queen's Helicopter Flight.
- Martin Ronald Watson, Partner, Forest House Veterinary Group.
- Dr. David Anthony Zideman, Honorary Physician (Civilian) to The Queen.
Members of the Royal Victorian Order (M.V.O.)
- Jennifer Margaret, Mrs. Cannon, Legal Executive, Farrer & Co LLP.
- Squadron Leader Jayne Susan Casebury, Royal Air Force; Equerry to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall.
- Frances Amelia, Mrs. Eason, Senior Secretary, The Princess Royal's Household.
- Diane, Mrs. Eddy, Administration Secretary, Balmoral Estate.
- Miss Angela Michèle Edwards (Mrs. Clark), Information Officer, Press Office, Royal Household.
- Sergeant Christopher John Gislingham, Metropolitan Police. For services to Royalty Protection.
- Terence Dennis Gough, Head of Gardens and Estates, Historic Royal Palaces.
- Jill Patricia, Mrs. Hurdman, formerly Administrator, The Royal Warrant Holders Association.
- Roderick Andrew Lane, Head Book Conservator, Royal Library, Windsor Castle.
- Christopher Paul Matthews, Deputy Land Steward, Western District, Duchy of Cornwall.
- Miss Moira McDougall, Secretary to the Resident Factor, Balmoral Estate.
- Superintendent Timothy Andrew Marriott Nash, Metropolitan Police. For services to Royalty Protection.
- Miss Caroline Lucy Whitaker, Assistant Surveyor of The Queen's Pictures, Royal Collection.
Bar to the Royal Victorian Medal (Silver)
- David Cartledge, R.V.M., Senior Stallion Handler, Royal Studs.
Royal Victorian Medal (Silver)
- Charles Thomas Bouch, formerly Yeoman Bed Goer, The Queen's Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard.
- Paul Lawrence Burch, Gamekeeper, Sandringham Estate.
- Bernadette Therese, Mrs. Darbin, Telephone Operator, Royal Household.
- Corporal Brian Diggle, Orderly to The Duke of Edinburgh.
- John Paul Fallis, Warden, The Great Park, Windsor Crown Estate.
- Peter Ivor Jeffery, Estate Foreman, Eastern District, Duchy of Cornwall.
- Margaret Susan, Mrs. Mattocks, Telephone Operator, Royal Household.
- Paul David Murray, Senior Storeman, Master of the Household's Department, Royal Household.
- Maria Sizaltine (Tina), Mrs. Peti, Housekeeper to Princess Alexandra, the Honourable Lady Ogilvy.
- Paul Eric Southwell, House Foreman, Sandringham Estate.
Members of the Order of the Companions of Honour
- Richard Rogers, The Lord Rogers of Riverside, For public service and for services to Architecture.
- Diplomatic and Overseas List
Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire (D.B.E.)
- Civil Division
- Joan Dawson Bakewell CBE, Broadcaster and Writer.
- Professor Christine Joan Beasley CBE, Chief Nursing Officer, Department of Health. For public and voluntary service.
- Hilary Sharon Braverman Blume. For services to the Voluntary Sector.
- Professor Janet Valerie Finch CBE DL, Vice-Chancellor, Keele University. For services to Social Science and to Higher Education.
- Clara Hedwig Frances Furse, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange. For services to the Financial Services Industry.
- Margaret, Lady Holroyd, CBE (Margaret Drabble), Author. For services to Literature.
- Donna Kinnair, Director of Clinical Leadership, Southwark Primary Care Trust. For services to Nursing in London.
- Monica Margaret Mason, OBE, Director of the Royal Ballet. For services to Dance.
- Barbara Mary Stocking CBE, Chief Executive, Oxfam GB. For services to Humanitarian work.
Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE)
Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- June Muriel Brown, Actress. For services to Drama.
- Paul James O'Grady, Comedian and Television Presenter. For services to Entertainment.
- Phyllis Mary Self, Director, Whitehall Garden Centre. For services to the community in Lacock, Wiltshire.
The Queen's Birthday Honours 2008 for Australia were announced on 9 June 2008.
The Queen's Birthday Honours 2008 for New Zealand were announced on 2 June 2008.
Order of New Zealand (ONZ)
|Sir Murray Gordon Halberg||M.B.E.||Auckland|
New Zealand Order of Merit
Distinguished Companion (DCNZM)
|Mr Harawira Tiri Gardiner||Wellington||For services to Māori.|
|The Honourable John William Hansen||Rangiora||For services to the judiciary.|
|Mr Peter Charles Maire||North Shore||For services to business.|
|Emeritus Professor Arthur Harold Marshall||Auckland||For services to acoustical science.|
|Ms Gillian Karawe Whitehead||M.N.Z.M.||Dunedin||For services to music.|
|Ms Fleur Adcock||O.B.E.||London, United Kingdom||For services to literature.|
|Professor Charles Richard William Beasley||Wellington||For services to medical research, in particular asthma.|
|Mr Robert George Mappin Fenwick||Waiheke Island||For services to conservation and the community.|
|Mr Philip Vernon Lough||Richmond||For services to business.|
|Dr Elizabeth Anne Meade||Q.S.O.||Wellington||For services to education.|
|Ms Diane Elizabeth Morcom||Wellington||For public services lately as Secretary of Cabinet and Clerk of the Executive Council.|
|Mr Anthony John Nowell||Auckland||For services to business.|
|Mr Anaru Ririwai Rangiheuea||O.N.Z.M. J.P.||Rotorua||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Professor Jacqueline Rowarth||Palmerston North||For services to agricultural science.|
|Mr Wynton Alan Whai Rufer||Auckland||For services to soccer.|
|Dr Meon Carolyn Shand||Wellington||For services to women's health.|
|Dr Francis Angelo Anthony||Christchurch||For services to medicine, in particular spinal cord injuries.|
|Professor Brian Thomas Brooks||Lower Hutt||For services to education.|
|Professor Keith Craig Cameron||Lincoln||For services to agricultural research.|
|Colonel Arthur John Campbell (Retired)||Dunedin||For services to returned services personnel.|
|Professor Ross Graham Clark||North Shore||For services to biotechnology.|
|Professor Hong Jie Di||Lincoln||For services to agricultural research.|
|Mr John Raymond Eady||Auckland||For services to music, business and the community.|
|Dr John Lewis Edwards||Auckland||For services to dentistry.|
|Mrs Elisabeth Findlay||Auckland||For services to business and fashion.|
|Mr Neville John Findlay||Auckland||For services to business and fashion.|
|Mrs Lyn Kathleen Gillanders||Auckland||For services to dietetics.|
|Mr David Thomas Howden||Ashburton||For services to outdoor recreation and the environment.|
|Mrs Tufuga Holoatu Nesi Lagatule||Q.S.M.||Christchurch||For services to the Pacific Islands community and women.|
|Mr Derek Arana Te Ahi Lardelli||Gisborne||For services to Māori arts, in particular ta moko.|
|Mr Thomas Cedric Larkin||Wellington||For services to New Zealand-Japan relations.|
|Professor Martin Richard Manning||Lower Hutt||For services to climate change science.|
|Dr Diana Rae Martin||Waikanae||For services to microbiology.|
|Dr Dianne McCarthy||Wellington||For services to education.|
|Dr Diane Helen Menzies||Christchurch||For services to the environment.|
|Professor Alison Ruth Mercer||Dunedin||For services to science.|
|Mr Warwick George Roger||North Shore||For services to journalism.|
|Ms Pauline Annette Savage||Wellington||For services to arts administration.|
|Dr Olive Jean Webb||Hororata||For services to people with intellectual disabilities.|
Officer - Additional (ONZM)
|Colonel Paul Willem Van Den Broek||(J51873)||Colonels' List, Royal New Zealand Army|
|Ms Diane Margaret Baguley||Auckland||For services to business.|
|Mrs Arihia Darryl Bennett||Kaiapoi||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mr William Alfred Brien||J.P||Wellington||For services to sport and the community.|
|Mr Alan Leonard Broadbent||Santa Monica, California||For services to jazz music.|
|Ms Suzanne Lynette Carty||Wellington||For services to journalism.|
|Mrs Colleen Shona Cole||Lyttelton||For services to Scottish dance and culture.|
|Mr Christopher Robert Darlow||North Shore||For services to the law.|
|Dr Rosemary Joy De Luca||Hamilton||For services to ethics.|
|Mr Rudra Gamini de Zoysa||Lower Hutt||For services to the Sri Lankan community.|
|Mrs Judith Ann Dixon||Hamilton||For services to primary education.|
|Mr Simon Christopher Edwards||Lower Hutt||For services to journalism.|
|Mr Gerald James Ellott||Waiheke Island||For services to philately.|
|Mr Gerald Barnett Fell||Longburn||For services to the thoroughbred racing and breeding industry.|
|Dr Leslie Henry Galler||Auckland||For services to medicine.|
|Mr Anthony William Gilbert||Alexandra||For services to rugby and education.|
|Mrs Anne Stewart Gover||Gore||For services to education.|
|Mrs Patricia Anne Hanlen||Tauranga||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Margot Hart||J.P.||Auckland||For services to the Citizens Advice Bureau and the community.|
|Dr Peter Keith Harwood||Auckland||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mr Joseph Parata Hawke||Auckland||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Dr Ngapare Kaihina Hopa||Hamilton||For services to Māori.|
|Ms Whaearangi Rangi Inia||Auckland||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mr Douglas Lloyd Jenkins||Napier||For services to design.|
|Mr James Anthony Jessep||J.P.||Blenheim||For services to marine farming and the community.|
|Mr Ross William Jewell||Auckland||For services to business.|
|Mrs Dayle Elizabeth Mace||Auckland||For services to the arts and the community.|
|Mr John Russell McCormick||Palmerston North||For services to music, in particular jazz.|
|Mr Alma Edmond Mihaere||Lower Hutt||For services to Māori.|
|Mrs Hinewehi Mohi||Auckland||For services to Māori.|
|Mr Jeremy Ross Moon||Wellington||For services to business.|
|Dr Wendy Alison Nelson||Wellington||For services to the marine environment.|
|Ms Kilda Mori Northcott||Dunedin||For services to dance.|
|Dr Sally Pairman||Dunedin||For services to women's health.|
|Ms Molly Easther Lillian Pardoe||Gisborne||For services to Māori health.|
|Mr Peter Paul Posa||Te Awamutu||For services to entertainment.|
|Mr Michael Philip Shepherd||Auckland||For services to art.|
|Mr Crofton Roscoe Tait||Auckland||For services to land search and rescue.|
|Mr Cassidy Wehipeihana Tangaere||Wellington||For services to Māori language education.|
|Mr Robert Wayne Taylor||Suva, Fiji||For services to the New Zealand Customs Service.|
|Mr Robert Tilsley||Tuakau||For services to agriculture and the community.|
|Mr Andrew Moke Timoti||Rotorua||For services to touch rugby.|
|Mr Desmond Thomas Townson||Manukau||For services to yachting.|
|Mr Michael Cliff Tuffery||Wellington||For services to art.|
|Tuigamala Va'aiga Lealuga Tuigamala II||Waitakere||For services to rugby and the community.|
|Mrs Jennifer Anne Vernon||J.P.||Raglan||For services to the community.|
|Colonel Timothy James Keating||(R51834)||Colonel's List, Royal New Zealand Army|
|Commander Peter Graeme Sullivan||(R21543)||Royal New Zealand Navy|
Member - Honorary (MNZM)
|Mr Manuel Franklin Herrera||Montevideo, Uruguay||For services to New Zealand–Uruguayan relations.|
The Queen's Service Order (QSO)
|Misatauveve Dr Melani Anae||Auckland||For services to the Pacific Islands community.|
|Mrs Gail Patricia Collingwood||Nelson||For services to local body affairs, women and the community.|
|The Honourable Brian John Donnelly||Rarotonga||For public services.|
|Ms Kathleen Jillian Dooley||Manukau||For services to special education.|
|Mrs Dianne Patricia Hale||J.P.||North Shore||For services to local body affairs.|
|Mr Tione Haunui||Ngaruawahia||For services to Māori.|
|Ms Beverly Ann Magee||Waitakere||For services to local government and the environment.|
|Mr John Robert Martin||Wellington||For public services.|
|Ms Susan Leigh McLachlan||Manukau||For services to education.|
|Ms Marilyn Joy Quigley||Kerikeri||For public services.|
|Professor Ann Kathleen Richardson||Christchurch||For services to public health.|
|Mr John Struan Robertson||Papakura||For public services and services to local body affairs.|
|Dr Martin Joseph Sullivan||Palmerston North||For services to people with disabilities.|
|Mr Te Wano Walters||Te Puke||For services to Māori.|
The Queen's Service Medal (QSM)
|Mrs Shirley Ellen Alabaster||Alexandra||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Helen Marie Algar||Oamaru||For services to health and disability issues.|
|Miss Eleanor Joan Parehina Barton||Hamilton||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mrs Phyllis Mabel Bawden||Kohukohu||For services to the community.|
|Mr Pembroke Peraniko Bird||Murupara||For services to education.|
|Mr David Boston||Napier||For services to music.|
|Mrs Shirley Margaret Bosworth||Dunedin||For services to the prevention of domestic violence.|
|Mrs Ann Elizabeth Carran||Te Anau||For services to conservation.|
|Mr Wayne Francis Carran||Te Anau||For services to conservation.|
|Mrs Jean Kathleen Chamberlain||Otaki||For services to the community.|
|Mr Hasmukh (Hari) Chhagan||J.P.||Rotorua||For services to the Indian community and sport.|
|Squadron Leader Shane Andrew Cole||Christchurch||The New Zealand Cadet Forces. For services to the New Zealand Cadet Forces.|
|Mr Vincent Joseph Collins||Auckland||For services to the hospitality industry and the community.|
|Mrs Gladys Joan Coombe||Te Aroha||For services to the Order of St John and the community.|
|Mr Koroneihana Cooper||J.P.||Ngaruawahia||For services to Māori.|
|Mr Joseph John Currie||Nelson||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Mary Elizabeth Dunnet||J.P.||Tirau||For services to local body affairs and the community.|
|Paula Marie Enoka||North Shore||Constable, New Zealand Police. For services to the New Zealand Police.|
|Miss Ataga'i Esera||Christchurch||For services to the Pacific Islands community.|
|Ms Marie Therese Faith-Allen||Warkworth||For services to the Department of Corrections.|
|Mr David Alexander Field||J.P.||Rotorua||For services to forestry and the community.|
|Brother Kieran Jeremiah Noel Oliver Garvey||Wellington||For services to prison chaplaincy.|
|Mr Donald Richard Gerrand||Cambridge||Chief Fire Officer, services to the New Zealand Fire Service.|
|Mrs Helen Louisa Gordon||Taihape||For services to music.|
|Mrs Elizabeth Sarah Grubb||St Andrews||For services to drama education and the community.|
|Mr David William Haddock||Whakatane||For services to the maritime industry and the community.|
|Mr Tamati Waka Tenene Heperi||J.P.||Hamilton||For services to the community.|
|Dr Patricia Dorothy Hill||Wellington||For services to community health.|
|Mr Ian Sinclair Hogarth||Whangarei||For services to conservation and wildlife management.|
|Mr Rex Neville Hoskin||Hastings||For services to mountain safety.|
|Mrs Frances Mary Jessep||Blenheim||For services to the community.|
|Mr Peter John Kamstra||Wanganui||Lately Senior Sergeant, New Zealand Police. For services to the New Zealand Police.|
|Mrs Judith Ann Karaitiana||J.P.||Wanganui||For services to the community.|
|Mr Dennis John Keall||Lower Hutt||For services to herpetology.|
|Philip Stephen Kirkham||Auckland||Detective Sergeant, New Zealand Police. For services to the New Zealand Police.|
|Mr Barry Leishman Lawrence||Queenstown||For services to local body affairs and the environment.|
|Mr David James Lawrence||J.P.||Waitakere||For services to the community.|
|Mr Colin James Lawrie||Levin||Senior Station Officer, Levin to the New Zealand Fire Service.|
|Ms Janett Helene Leaf||Kaikohe||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Catherine May Mair||Katikati||For services to poetry and the community.|
|Dr Alan John Mangan||Wanganui||For services to medicine and health administration.|
|Mr Graham Gordon Mason||Westport||For services to brass bands.|
|Mr Alexander Ross Matheson||J.P.||Inglewood||For services to the community.|
|Miss Jacqueline Imelda Mauriri||Hawera||For services to Māori.|
|Mr David Alan McKenzie||Kaitaia||Station Officer, Kaitaia to the New Zealand Fire Service.|
|Mr Michael Rereao Mohi||Waipukurau||For services to conservation.|
|Mrs Noreen Linda Moorhouse||Whangarei||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mr Bernard William Murphy||Stratford||For services to sheep dog trials.|
|Mr Robin Anthony Ian Nairn||Havelock North||For services to the Anglican church and the community.|
|Ms Pratima Devi Nand||J.P.||Auckland||For services to the Indian community.|
|Mrs Barbara Ann Olsen||Cambridge||For services to Māori.|
|Cushla Maree O'Shea||Auckland||Detective, New Zealand Police. For services to the New Zealand Police.|
|Mrs Rangi Anewa Parker||Hamilton||For services to historical research.|
|Captain (Retd) Malcolm James Pearson||Lyttelton||For services to yachting.|
|Mr Ronald Owen Pennell||Waitakere||Senior Volunteer Fire For services to the New Zealand Fire Service.|
|Mrs Avis Margaret Peterson||Te Awamutu||For services to the community.|
|Mr Edward Neill Pickard||Christchurch||For services to music, in particular jazz.|
|Mr Jeffrey Steven Rackley||Nelson||For services to sport and the community.|
|Mr Ian Garth Renall||Carterton||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Monica Bernadette Renwick||Christchurch||For services to education.|
|Mrs Elizabeth June Rock||Reefton||For services to health.|
|Mr Donald Sew Hoy||Auckland||For services to the Chinese community.|
|Mrs Jennie Sew Hoy||Auckland||For services to the Chinese community.|
|Mrs Shirley Muriel Spurr||J.P.||Waihi||For services to the community.|
|Afioga Tagaloa Nua Su'A||Christchurch||For services to the Pacific Islands community.|
|Mr James Budd Swindells||Te Kuiti||For services to conservation.|
|Mrs Jean Fay Swindells||Te Kuiti||For services to conservation.|
|Mrs Sandra Christine Terewi||J.P.||Turakina||For services to the community.|
|Mr Eric Arthur Thorpe||Napier||For services to music.|
|Ms Rhona Mary Thorpe||Christchurch||For services to migrant and refugee communities.|
|Mr Michael Featherston Toogood||Hastings||For services to helicopter ambulance services.|
|Lieutenant Colonel Graeme Taiuru Vercoe (Retired)||Rotorua||For public services.|
|Dr Michael Louis Vidulich||Auckland||For services to music.|
|The Reverend Janice Ann Wallace||Pukekohe||For services to mathematics education and the community.|
|Vaoga Mary Lelefua Watts||Waitakere||For services to the Pacific Islands community.|
|Mr Richard Keith Wright||Blenheim||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Sharon Mary Connolly Young||Waitakere||For services to the community.|
The Queen's Service Medal - Honorary (QSM)
|Mr William Frank Grubb||St Andrews||For services to music and the community.|
Distinguished Service Decoration (DSD)
|Squadron Leader Gregory John Burroughs||(K91388)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Lieutenant Colonel Helen Joy Cooper||(B759024)||Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment (The Duke York's Own)|
|Captain Michael Peter De Boer||(C1006620)||Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers|
|Squadron Leader Timothy Richard Evans||(U996677)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Squadron Leader Timothy Hopkins||(T44890)||Royal New Zealand Air Force|
|Warrant Officer Robert David Joseph Martelletti||(F89061)||Royal New Zealand Air Force.|
|Warrant Officer Weapon Technician Wayne Robert Morris||(X22423)||Royal New Zealand Navy|
|Major Christopher Gerard Mortiboy||(E993443)||Royal New Zealand Corps Signals|
- The United Kingdom:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Australia:"The Queen's Birthday 2009 Honours List". Government House of The Commonwealth of Australia.
- New Zealand:"The Queen's Birthday Honours 2008" (11 June 2008) 94 New Zealand Gazette 2561.
- Barbados:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- The Bahamas:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Grenada:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Papua New Guinea:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Solomon Islands:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Saint Lucia:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Belize:The London Gazette: . 14 June 2008.
- Appointed a Commander of The Royal Victorian Order (CVO) in the UK list and a Companion of The New Zealand Order of Merit (CNZM) in the NZ list.
- The website of the Ceremonial Secretariat, Cabinet Office - The UK Honours System
- 10 Downing Street - HM The Queen's Birthday and New Year Honours List