2008 Kids' Choice Awards
|21st Kids' Choice Awards|
|Date||Saturday, March 29, 2008|
|Hosted by||Jack Black|
|Produced by||Nickelodeon Productions
in association with
Bob Bain Productions
|Directed by||Beth McCarthy|
The 21st annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards were held at the Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, California on March 29, 2008. The show was the first live-action/animated Kids Choice Awards show. The event was hosted by Jack Black. Voting began March 3 on Nick.com and Nicktropolis. A "Bring on the Nominees" special hosted by Lil' JJ aired also. The Naked Brothers Band and Miley Cyrus were musical performances for the show. A sweepstakes was announced to promote the show. The number of votes cast broke the record previously set in 2007. 86,708,020 kids cast 88,254,272 votes (since kids were allowed to vote multiple times) between March 3–29 in 18 categories, to honor and vote for their favorites. Votes were cast via Nick.com, Nicktropolis, TurboNick, and for the first time via Nick's new mobile website (wap.nick.com). The award show attracted 7.7 million viewers.
- 1 Presenters and Performers, and Stunts for KCA 2008
- 2 Nominees & Winners
- 2.1 Movies
- 2.2 Music
- 2.3 Television
- 2.4 Sports
- 2.5 Other Categories
- 3 The Rocktopus
- 4 iCarly: Live From Hollywood
- 5 Musical Guests
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Presenters and Performers, and Stunts for KCA 2008
Presenters (in order of appearance)
|Jack Black||Hosted the Awards|
|Miranda Cosgrove||Cameo appearances throughout the show|
|Tom Kenny||Newly titled himself, "The Voice in a Box" (announcer), SpongeBob|
|Favorite Movie Actress/Actor|
|Favorite Music Group|
|Laila Ali||Introduced Akon, Usher and Heidi Klum for the slime stunts|
|Favorite Female Singer|
|Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie|
|Introduced The Naked Brothers Band|
|Favorite Reality Show|
|Jennifer Love Hewitt
|Favorite Male Singer|
|Ashton Kutcher||Wannabe Award|
|Howie Mandel||Introduced the YMCA burping contest|
|Jaden, Willow & Will Smith||Introduced Miley Cyrus|
|Favorite TV Show|
Performers (in order of appearance)
- The Naked Brothers Band performed "I Don't Want to Go to School"
- Miley Cyrus performed "G.N.O (Girl's Night Out)"
- Harrison Ford - While presenting Favorite Voice from an Animated Movie with Shia LaBeouf, Ford replaced an orb containing the winner with a blimp, similar to the classic scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Also like that scene, a "booby-trap" bucket of slime was dumped onto his head. Ford joked about it and LaBeouf gave him his trademark fedora.
- Brendan Fraser - While presenting Favorite TV Show with Rihanna, who was carrying an umbrella, Fraser asked why she had one. The singer slyly replied that "this is for you", and a stream of slime rose from the podium and hit Fraser's forehead.
- Orlando Bloom - Bloom was the mystery celebrity at the end of the show who got slimed with 27 gallons of the green goo alongside Jack Black.
- Jack Black - The host was slimed at the end of the show with the 27 gallons of slime collected from the slime stunts with Orlando Bloom.
Slime Stunts (in order of appearance)
- 1/3 - Akon performed the Slime-o-Lition Derby driving the Jack Black Bobblehead.
- 2/3 - Usher performed using a high pressure slime cannon shooter blasting the costume sumo wrestler five feet. (Note: The level was tilted so the sumo wrestler can go to 5 ft.)
- 3/3 - Heidi Klum performed the human dartboard using a butt spike belt.
- Otis and Pip form Back at the Barnyard.
Nominees & Winners
Winners are listed in bold.
Favorite Movie Actress
- Jessica Alba as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman – Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- Drew Barrymore as Sophie Fisher – Music and Lyrics
- Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson – Spider-Man 3
- Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swan – Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Favorite Movie Actor
- Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow – Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Ice Cube as Nick Persons –Are We Done Yet?
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Joe Kingman – The Game Plan
- Eddie Murphy as Norbit – Norbit
Favorite Animated Movie
Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie
- Eddie Murphy as Donkey – Shrek the Third
- Cameron Diaz as Princess Fiona – Shrek the Third
- Mike Myers as Shrek – Shrek the Third (The last time in the Shrek movies to have Mike Myers being nominated a Kids' Choice Awards)
- Jerry Seinfeld as Barry B. Benson – Bee Movie
- "Girlfriend" – Avril Lavigne
- "Beautiful Girls" – Sean Kingston
- "Big Girls Don't Cry" – Fergie
- "Don't Matter" – Akon
Favorite Music Group
Favorite Female Singer
Favorite Male Singer
Favorite TV Show
Favorite TV Actress
- Miley Cyrus as Miley Stewart – Hannah Montana
- Raven-Symoné as Raven Baxter – That's So Raven
- Emma Roberts as Addie Singer – Unfabulous
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey Brooks –'Zoey 101
Favorite TV Actor
- Drake Bell as Drake Parker – Drake & Josh
- Josh Peck as Josh Nichols – Drake & Josh
- Cole Sprouse as Cody Martin – The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
- Dylan Sprouse as Zack Martin – The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Favorite Male Athlete
Favorite Female Athlete
Favorite Video Game
- Harry Potter series
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- How to Eat Fried Worms
The Rocktopus is an eight legged octopus of rock n' roll who haunts Jack Black in his dreams. Later during the awards show, they settle their differences in time for the Rocktopus to activate the slimer machine.
iCarly: Live From Hollywood
The iCarly cast was live outside the Pauley Pavilion in Hollywood, where the 2008 Kids' Choice Awards were held. The cast aired from 9/8c - 11/10c. Carly, Sam, Freddie, and Spencer were at the Kids' Choice Awards because Spencer was hired to make a Kids' Choice Awards Blimp out of Wieners. Although Spencer was working on his sculpture, he happened to peek around the show, like the Gift bags for the Celebrities, going into Jack Black's Dressing Room, and stealing some mini wienies from the Snack table. In the end, his sculpture was destroyed when the Snack lady attacked him. People actually believed that it was a fan who destroyed the sculpture as security tackled the Snack Lady.
Countdown to Kids' Choice:
- What You're Watching on Your DVRs (Cable), March 24-30 Archived February 9, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. TVBytheNumbers.com
- "Choose a View sweepstakes". Nick.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "2008 KCA Winners Release". Nickkcapress.com. 2008-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-10.