2008 Northeast Grand Prix
The 2008 American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix was the fifth round of the 2008 American Le Mans Series season. It took place at Lime Rock Park, Connecticut on July 12, 2008. It was the first event to take place at Lime Rock since portions of the track were redesigned and the entire surface repaved.
Acura scored their first overall win in the American Le Mans Series since they debuted their ARX-01 program in 2007. The #9 Highcroft Racing Acura of Scott Sharp and David Brabham managed to accomplish the feat with Brabham making a late charge and taking the overall lead in the final 90 seconds of the race, passing the #7 Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder of Timo Bernhard and Romain Dumas.
Class winners in bold. Cars failing to complete 70% of winner's distance marked as Not Classified (NC).
- Pole Position - #9 Patrón Highcroft Racing - 0:46.696
- Fastest Lap - #1 Audi Sport North America - 0:48.007
- Average Speed - 91.105 mph
- "Michelin Ready to Attack Fresh Lime Rock Track". American Le Mans Series. 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2008-07-13.[dead link]
- "Victory for Brabham, Sharp at Lime Rock". American Le Mans Series. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2008-07-13.[dead link]
- "2008 Race Results" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- "Lime Rock-Friday Qualifying". Retrieved 2008-07-13.[dead link]
|American Le Mans Series|
2008 Utah Grand Prix
|2008 season||Next race:
2008 Sports Car Challenge of Mid-Ohio