2008 Victory Bowl
|2008 Victory Bowl|
|Date||November 21, 2008|
|Stadium||Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome|
|MVP||Offensive: Zach Tarter (Northwestern)
Defensive: Wesley Kauffman (Malone)
The 2008 Victory Bowl is a college football post-season bowl game. The game was played on November 21, 2008 at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Malone Pioneers from the NAIA played against NCAA Division III Northwestern Eagles.
Malone failed to defend their title as the 2007 Victory Bowl winners on their third consecutive trip to the bowl. Northwestern's win was their second Victory Bowl championship and fourth appearance in the game's twelve-year history.
Northwestern and Malone University scored a combined 93 points as the Eagles from Northwestern claimed a 49-44 win. The contest was closely competed and it was not until under a minute remaining was the game’s outcome decided. Malone held a 28-14 lead midway through the second quarter, but after that the point differential remained within seven points or less until Northwestern’s Ty Crabtree ran an interception 50 yards for the Eagles’ final score of the game.
- National Christian College Athletic Association Victory Bowl Invitational
- Canton Repository "Malone headed to Victory Bowl" November 18, 2008
- Northwestern College Athletics NCAA Victory Bowl XII
- Canton Repository "Malone to defend Victory Bowl title" by Mike Popovich, November 20, 2008
- Akron Beacon Journal "Malone football scouting report" November 21, 2008
- "Malone University at Northwestern College". DakTronics 3000. Daktronics, Inc. November 21, 2008. Retrieved February 25, 2012.
- NCCAA 2008 Victory Bowl