2008 in Russia
|See also:||Other events of 2008
List of years in Russia
- President: Vladimir Putin, Dmitry Medvedev
- Prime Minister: Viktor Zubkov, Vladimir Putin
- Minister of Defence: Anatoliy Serdyukov
- March 2: 2008 Russian presidential election is occurred, Dmitry Medvedev won the election.
- May 7: Dmitry Medvedev becomes President of Russia.
- May 24: Dima Bilan wins the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 in Belgrade, Serbia
- August 7–16: Russia–Georgia war
- August 8–11: Battle of Tskhinvali
- August 9–12: Battle of the Kodori Valley
- August 9/10: Battle off the coast of Abkhazia
- August 9–19: Occupation of Poti
- August 13–22: Occupation of Gori
- 28 August – The Russian group Voina staged the Fuck for the heir Puppy Bear! performance at the Timiryazev State Biological Museum in Moscow to protest at the election of Dmitry Medvedev in the 2008 Russian presidential election.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)
- Sex Orgy in a Museum! Medusa TV. 2012-08-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2008 in Russia.|