2009 Legg Mason Tennis Classic
|2009 Legg Mason Tennis Classic|
|Date||August 1 – August 9|
|Category||ATP World Tour 500|
|Location||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Venue||William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center|
|Juan Martín del Potro|
|Martin Damm / Robert Lindstedt|
The 2009 Legg Mason Tennis Classic (also known as the 2009 Legg Mason Tennis Classic presented by GEICO for sponsorship reasons) was a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 41st edition of the event known that year as Legg Mason Tennis Classic, and was part of the ATP World Tour 500 series of the 2009 ATP World Tour. It took place at the William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center in Washington, D.C., United States, from August 1 through August 9, 2009. The Legg Mason Tennis Classic was the third ATP stop of the 2009 US Open Series. Unlike previous years, the men's event was field 48 players instead of 32.
- It was del Potro's second title of the year and sixth of his career.
- It was his second consecutive title at the event.
|ARG||Juan Martín del Potro||6||2|
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
The following player received the lucky loser spot:
- "Legg Mason Tennis Classic - At a Glance". leggmasontennisclassic.com. Legg Mason Tennis Classic. 2009-07-17. Archived from the original on 2009-07-30. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
- "2009 Legg Mason Tennis Classic - Singles draw" (PDF). atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2009-08-06. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "Rankings – 1–100". atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals. 2009-07-27. Archived from the original on 2009-08-01. Retrieved 2009-07-28.