2009 Shanghai ATP Masters 1000
|2009 Shanghai ATP Masters 1000|
|Date||October 11 – October 18|
|Category||ATP World Tour Masters 1000|
|Venue||Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena|
|Julien Benneteau / Jo-Wilfried Tsonga|
The 2009 Shanghai ATP Masters 1000 (also known as the 2009 Shanghai ATP Masters 1000–presented by Rolex) was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 1st edition of the Shanghai ATP Masters 1000, and was classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the 2009 ATP World Tour. It was played at Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena in Shanghai, People's Republic of China. The inaugural edition was held from October 11 to October 18, 2009.
|ARG||Juan Martín del Potro||5||3|
- seeds are based on the rankings of October 5, 2009
The following players received wildcards into the singles main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- Thomaz Bellucci
- Marco Chiudinelli
- Fabio Fognini
- Łukasz Kubot
- Michaël Llodra
- Florian Mayer
- Rainer Schüttler
- It was Davydenko's 4th title of the year and the 18th of his career.
- It was Davydenko's 3rd Masters title and improving his perfect Masters finals to 3–0.
- "atpworldtour.com tournament profile". atpworldtour.com. Archived from the original on 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2009-06-13.
- "Murray pulls out of Chinese event". BBC Sport. October 8, 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2009-10-08.