2009 in Brazil
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|2009 in Brazil|
27 stars (1992–present)
|Timeline of Brazilian history|
|History of Brazil since 1985|
Events in the year 2009 in Brazil.
- October 2 – The 121st IOC Session in Copenhagen, Denmark selects Rio de Janeiro as the host city for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- November 11 – Brazil, alongside with Paraguay, suffers from a large power blackout at night, which affects several million people.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2018)
- "Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- Turner, Barry (2009). The Statesman's Yearbook 2010: The Politics, Cultures and Economies of the World. Springer. p. 223. ISBN 9781349586325.
- Ronay, Barney; Burnton, Simon (2 October 2009). "Olympic Games 2016 host city decision day - as it happened!". the Guardian. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- Barrionuevo, Alexei (11 November 2009). "Officials Search for Answers in Extensive Brazil Blackout". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- Media related to 2009 in Brazil at Wikimedia Commons
|This article article about the history of Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|