2009 in France
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in France:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012|
Events from the year 2009 in France.
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Events
- 3 Arts and literature
- 4 Sport
- 5 Births
- 6 Deaths
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 24 January – Klaus (storm) hit south-western France -Aquitaine, Poitou-Charentes, Midi-Pyrénées- and northern Spain, with wind speeds in excess of 193 kilometres per hour (120 mph). 12 people have died because of this storm in the country (28 in Europe).
- 29 January – Strike action by French public sector workers causes major disruption to services.
- General strikes in Guadeloupe and Martinique.
- At the beginning of February: A conflict ignites the French universities concerning the statute of the searchers-teachers. Many voices claim moreover the abrogation of law LRU on the autonomy of the universities. The second half of the universities' year is very disrupted.
- 20 March : Child abduction of 3-year-old Franco-Russian girl Elise, by her Russian mother in Arles (Bouches du Rhône).
- 29 March : Referendum on the departmentalization of island of Mayotte. The result is "Yes" with a crushing majority. Mayotte island will become the 101st French départment.
- 3 and 4 April : Summit of NATO in Strasbourg. France joined the integrated command of NATO, a decision which is far from making unanimity in the French political community. During the summit, large incidents occur in certain districts of Strasbourg.
- 15 April : Coming into effect of the new plates of registrations on the new vehicles. New classification is allotted to life for each vehicle and comprises two letters, an indent, three digits, an indent and two letters. A number of department to the choice as well as the logo of the corresponding area is affixed on the line.
- 1 May : France's health minister confirms the first cases of swine flu detected within the country.
- 1 June : Air France Flight 447, a scheduled flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, crashes into the Atlantic Ocean , killing all 228 people on board.
- 9 June : European Election.
- 9 July : Youths protest in Firminy near Saint-Étienne, after an Algerian man, Mohamed Benmouna, dies in police custody. His parents reject the official verdict of suicide.
- 14 July : Bastille Day riots take place in a suburb of Paris. In the commune of Montreuil, Seine-Saint-Denis, a eastern suburb area of Paris, youths set fire to 317 cars, and thirteen police officers are injured.
- 26 July : The 2009 Tour de France concludes in Paris. Alberto Contador of Spain is the overall winner.
- 9 November – Socialist politician Jack Lang, appointed by President Nicolas Sarkozy as special envoy to North Korea, travels to Pyongyang for a "listening mission".
Arts and literature
- 13–24 May : Festival International de Cannes – Movie Festival
- September Deauville international American's films festival
- 1 February : France national handball team win the World Championship in Croatia
- 3–15 February – World Ski Championships in Val d'Isère, Savoie
- 4–26 July – Tour de France 2009
- 1 : Laurence Pernoud, writer
- 6 : Jean-Pierre Bakrim, soccer player
- 7 : Roger Besse, politician
- 8 : Gaston Lenôtre, pastry chef
- 10 : Georges Cravenne, producer, "César Award" creator
- 12 : Claude Berri, producer and filmmaker
- 14 : Nicolas Genka, writer
- 15 : René Coll, orchestra driver
- 22 : Marcel Schneider, writer
- 25 : Gérard Blanc, singer
- 26 : Paul Germain, scientist
- 2 : Alexandre Léontieff, French Polynesia president until 1991
- 14 : Alain Bashung, singer
- 29 : Maurice Jarre, composer
- 14 : Maurice Druon, writer
- 20 : Lucy Gordon, British actress
- 6 : Jean Dausset, immunologist
- 6 : Mathieu Montcourt, tennis player
- 22 : Adrien Zeller, politician
- 14 : Francis Muguet, scientist
- Le Soir, newspaper article about storm, in French
- French strike brings chaos
- "Grippe A: deux cas avérés en France". Lexpress.fr. Archived from the original on 3 May 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- Ubalde, Joseph Holandes (2 June 2009). "Pinoy seaman in Atlantic plane crash was supposed to go home". GMA Network. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- Calendar of French election on services-publics.fr (in French)
- Samuel, Henry (14 July 2009). "French youths riot on eve of Bastille Day". Telegraph. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Cars Burned During Violent Clashes In France. Sky News. July 14, 2009.
- "Contador seals 2009 Tour victory". BBC Sport. 26 July 2009. Archived from the original on 27 July 2009. Retrieved 26 July 2009.
- VIèmes Jeux de la Francophonie Beyrouth 2009 (2009). "Les pays participants". Jeux2009. Archived from the original on 26 September 2009. Retrieved 27 September 2009.
- "French Super Series 2009". Badminton World Federation. Archived from the original on 22 October 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- Charlton, Angela (3 November 2009). "France wades into bog of North Korean diplomacy". Associated Press.
- Official Web Site of Cannes Festival
- "Official website of Deauville Festival". Archived from the original on 3 March 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2009.
- "website Val d'Isère 2009 (in English)". Archived from the original on 27 January 2008. Retrieved 13 January 2008.
- Tour de France, départure in Monaco