2009 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in France:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012|
Events from the year 2009 in France.
- 1 Incumbents
- 2 Events
- 3 Arts and literature
- 4 Sport
- 5 Births
- 6 Deaths
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 24 January – Klaus (storm) hit south-western France -Aquitaine, Poitou-Charentes, Midi-Pyrénées- and northern Spain, with wind speeds in excess of 193 kilometres per hour (120 mph). 12 people have died because of this storm in the country (28 in Europe).
- 29 January – Strike action by French public sector workers causes major disruption to services.
- General strikes in Guadeloupe and Martinique.
- At the beginning of February: A conflict ignites the French universities concerning the statute of the searchers-teachers. Many voices claim moreover the abrogation of law LRU on the autonomy of the universities. The second half of the universities' year is very disrupted.
- 20 March : Child adbuction of 3 year old Franco-Russian girl Elise, by her Russian mother in Arles (Bouches du Rhône).
- 29 March : Referendum on the departmentalization of island of Mayotte. The Result is "Yes" with a crushing majority. Mayotte island will become the 101 French départment.
- 3 and 4 April : Summit of NATO in Strasbourg. France joined the integrated command of NATO, a decision which is far from making unanimity in the French political community. During the summit, large incidents occur in certain districts of Strasbourg.
- 15 April : Coming into effect of the new plates of registrations on the new vehicles. New classification is allotted to life for each vehicle and comprises two letters, an indent, three digits, an indent and two letters. A number of department to the choice as well as the logo of the corresponding area is affixed on the line.
- 9 June : European Election.
Arts and literature
- 13–24 May : Festival International de Cannes – Movie Festival
- September Deauville international American's films festival
- 1 February : France national handball team win the World Championship in Croatia
- 3–15 February – World Ski Championships in Val d'Isère, Savoie
- 4–26 July – Tour de France 2009
- 1 : Laurence Pernoud, writer
- 6 : Jean-Pierre Bakrim, soccer player
- 7 : Roger Besse, politician
- 8 : Gaston Lenôtre, pastry cook
- 10 : Georges Cravenne, producer, "César Award" creator
- 12 : Claude Berri, producer and filmmaker
- 14 : Nicolas Genka, writer
- 15 : René Coll, orchestra driver
- 22 : Marcel Schneider, writer
- 25 : Gérard Blanc, singer
- 26 : Paul Germain, scientist
- 2 : Alexandre Léontieff, French Polynesia president until 1991
- 14 : Alain Bashung, singer
- 29 : Maurice Jarre, composer
- 14 : Maurice Druon, writer
- 20 : Lucy Gordon, British actress
- 6 : Jean Dausset, immunologist
- 6 : Mathieu Montcourt, tennis player
- 22 : Adrien Zeller, politician